Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new kid on the block  (Read 2118 times)
SWL535

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:41:20 PM »

I'm not sure if this is a true SDR or like the RadioJet it's kind of in between.
Looks interesting.

http://www.commradio.com/

Ken

White Rock, BC Canada
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 10:00:13 PM »

They claim it to be SDR. The spec says, however, it is a: Dual conversion super-heterodyne with low-IF , I-Q digital sampling So it is not one of the good frontend sampling ones.
It seems to be a nice all in a box solution. Most SDRs require a computer for the software to run, which gives you the advantage of using different software.
Unfortunately there are some limits that I would not like. The HF coverage is from 500 kHz to 30 MHz. I would prefer the frequencies below down to at least 10 kHz. There is a lot going on from NDBs to even the new hamradio MW band. On the upper limit you would be missing 6m/50 MHz. The 70cm band is also only starting at 438 MHz. You also would have to find out the receive quality, they don't say a word about that.
The price tag seems allright. So for those happy with the specs it should be acceptable.
W7AIT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:40:17 AM »

I own one and works great!  Lots of un to use. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: