Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh Crap a conundrum  (Read 1173 times)
AD9DX

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:23:16 PM »

OK so my feeble beverage on the ground and inverted spaghetti noodle just worked G5W on topband.  That's the good news, but his only QSL method is via the bureau.  I am not a member of the bureau.. What do I do now  Huh Huh Huh 

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 10:34:36 PM »

Join the buro.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »

Join the buro.

how do I do that? 

Are you doing the contest? conditions are up and down, but when they are up they are fantastic! 

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 10:44:29 PM »

http://www.arrl.org/incoming-qsl-service
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 10:45:08 PM »

G5W is the contest call for the station of G3BJ when operating contests.

I looked up G5W on QRZ.com and the page states "QSL via G3BJ". No mention of using just the Buro.

I'd send a short e-mail to G3BJ to confirm this and then just send off the traditional direct request with
a couple of bucks included.

Gl de harry, W6DXO
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 11:05:43 PM »

The #1 area buro does not require a SASE so email the #9 buro and see what their requirements are.  If you are an active ham you will receive quite a few calls via the buro but to use the outgoing buro service to respond to the QSLs you receive, I think you need to join the ARRL.

Chris/NU1O

AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 11:26:28 PM »

The #1 area buro does not require a SASE so email the #9 buro and see what their requirements are.  If you are an active ham you will receive quite a few calls via the buro but to use the outgoing buro service to respond to the QSLs you receive, I think you need to join the ARRL.

Chris/NU1O

I am a member of the ARRL already.  Thanks for your help. 

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 07:42:40 AM »

How bad do you want the card? You could always send a card direct to G3BJ and ask Don for a return card. If it's your first G on 160, and that's why you're so keen, add a note explaining that. Enclose $2, and an envelope addressed to you, not bigger than 240mm by 165mm. If it's bigger than that, he'll need at least $3 and possibly $4. Put an Air Mail sticker on it. Don't do as some US hams do and put US postage stamps on it - US stamps (other than 'green ones' i.e. dollar bills) aren't much use outside the US.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 08:29:14 AM »

How bad do you want the card? You could always send a card direct to G3BJ and ask Don for a return card. If it's your first G on 160, and that's why you're so keen, add a note explaining that. Enclose $2, and an envelope addressed to you, not bigger than 240mm by 165mm. If it's bigger than that, he'll need at least $3 and possibly $4. Put an Air Mail sticker on it. Don't do as some US hams do and put US postage stamps on it - US stamps (other than 'green ones' i.e. dollar bills) aren't much use outside the US.

I think I'll send him a card. And add three green stamps. I have sent out a lot of cards before but my first G on 160 is a special one for me.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: