Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Want One!  (Read 1473 times)
KG4RUL

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:49:29 PM »

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3162#116665

Reviews Summary for Glen Martin Hazer system
Description: wench operated tower tram system for raising and lowering antennas without having to climb the tower

I want one!!!!
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 09:55:41 PM »

Winch wench not included.

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 03:23:13 AM »

I wish I had a real metal tower to have one of those. Makes antenna maintenance very easy.
I'm stuck with my lazy idea to use a utility pole as my 65 foot tower. $450/ 4 hours to hire a crane truck to do anything to my sick CushCraft Yagi.

Fred
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 04:03:03 AM »

Everybody can afford a wrench, but not everyone can afford a wench!
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 04:12:14 AM »

I want one too,witch wench is better built,weighs less and has low maintenance cost?I'm recently divorced and thinking about picking one up.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 12:55:00 AM »

You guys will do anything to get your antennas up!
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 09:29:22 AM »

I have a hazer on about 40 feet of Rhon 25. I am quite happy with the results.  I have my tower secured to the side of the house with a house  bracket, and a 3x3x3 concrete base.  the antenna ( 3 element Steppir) will crank down to the roof line for maintenance. easy to do.  Biggest problem, you have to run the coax at an angle to the tower so it does not bang and make noise slapping the tower.  It works well as I am an old disabled vet, so folks come over, crank the hazer down to the roof, fix it and crank it back up.  no climbing  the tower.  works well, easy to use.
K4RVN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 06:35:48 PM »

Had mine since 1989, the light aluminum one, not heavy duty. I had a three element Cubex 5 band quad and HD 73 rotator, about 65 pounds or more on a 50 ft Rohn 25. I had one cable failure
after about 15 years. The tower had a tilt over base so I replaced the cable. There is a pulley at the top which looks too small but I am now using it on a 40 ft Rohn. It's on my QRZ.com. I
modified the hazer for use with a hex beam. Great product but hangs on joints at times. I tied my rope guys to the hazer so when it hangs, I can pull on a rope and it comes down OK.
My tower blew down about 4 years ago in a wind storm, the hazer survived and my old HD 73 rotator. I have been very happy with this product now for almost 24 years. I also bought a small winch from GM at the time. It is somewhat rusty but still being used. I would suggest putting an additional line on the safety catch. In case one were to break, you would not need to climb the tower to release it.

Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: