Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alinco DR-600t Antenna  (Read 491 times)
NITELITER

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2013, 08:04:12 AM »

I am Kinda NEW to (walked away for a few years)Ham Radio,I purchased 2 radios to listen to as I study the book,a Yaesu FT-270R,and a used Alinco DR-600T,Im set with the 270R antenna,but Im in a daze as to a pick for the 600T antenna,it has a very large range in the RX range,Im thinking of useing this radio as both a mobile and a Base,Im not sure if I want to go 2 antennas,or 1 antenna and a duplxer,any suggestions.
Thanks,
Joe
Chesa.,Va.
NOTE-I dont have a license yet so Im limited  to the RX range right now.
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:36:10 AM »

I would suggest a good duplexer and a dual band antenna. The ease of mounting just one antenna and running just one coax and the fact that a dual band antenna will cost less than two single band antennas makes this an easy choice.  This is applicable for both a base or mobile installation.  Notice I specified a GOOD duplexer.  There are some cheaper ones out there that are not worth what you pay for them. I have never had any problem with a Comet or a Diamond duplexer or triplexer. And those are good brands for antennas also both mobile and fixed. You may find some less expensive antennas that will work, but stay away from the cut-rate duplexers.

My opinion and worth what you paid for it.

Clint - W5CPT -
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: