Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about Kenwood TS-B2000  (Read 733 times)
K7ZRZ

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2013, 01:49:53 PM »

I can't find a good picture of the back panel of this radio, but I presume it requires 13.8 volts to power it?

A line of description leads me to believe that the radio's second (sub) receiver cannot function in SSB/CW/Data Modes. Is that so?

Another line I read leads me to believe that the radio cannot transmit on VHF and receive on UHF (Or vice versa) simultaneously.  Is that also true? There is a line in the specifications about "crossband repeat" but I don't think that's applicable to working satellites with uplink in one band and downlink in another.

This radio is purported to be one of the few transceivers that can perform Satellite Communications, but if the sub-receiver will only do AM/FM. that leaves out a lot of the possibilities for this field of ham radio.

Thanks for some help and information from someone who has one or know the story here.

Brian K7ZRZ
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 04:20:39 PM »

I can't find a good picture of the back panel of this radio, but I presume it requires 13.8 volts to power it?

The back of all the TS2000 radios are identical.

A line of description leads me to believe that the radio's second (sub) receiver cannot function in SSB/CW/Data Modes. Is that so?

That is true

Another line I read leads me to believe that the radio cannot transmit on VHF and receive on UHF (Or vice versa) simultaneously.  Is that also true? There is a line in the specifications about "crossband repeat" but I don't think that's applicable to working satellites with uplink in one band and downlink in another.

The radio definitely CAN receive on UHF and transmit on VHF simultaneously and vice versa.  Using the "Satellite" mode for doppler shift makes operating a snap!

This radio is purported to be one of the few transceivers that can perform Satellite Communications, but if the sub-receiver will only do AM/FM. that leaves out a lot of the possibilities for this field of ham radio.

If you are using one of the SSB birds, you use split mode to operate.  I have had numerous contacts on FO-29 this way

Thanks for some help and information from someone who has one or know the story here.

K7ZRZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 05:41:12 PM »

Thanks.

Brian K7ZRZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: