Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart Sales is a scammer  (Read 15233 times)
KV5I

Ignore
« on: February 05, 2013, 03:31:22 PM »

He lies and cheats. This week he charged me $30 extra for a "special" made box to send me a radio I purchased. I'll be glad to send anyone privately the mess he packed it in. All the bad stories you read here are true and if you complain, he starts harrassing you at work and threating you with legal action. Stay as far away from this alien as you can.
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 04:23:57 PM »

It is hard for me to believe that anyone still buys from him.
Don't people  do a search before placing orders?

Dale W4OP
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »

There are a few things you can do to make his miserable life just a bit more miserable .....

1) post here  : http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/radio-mart.net

2) Complain to Scott at QTH.com ( not that he will do anything )

3) File a dispute with your CC company right away.

4) email Heil Sound and let them know what you think of their dealer in Kentucky.

5) google "radio-mart" and read for hours ( pack a lunch and maybe a few snacks for energy ) and you will realize you are not alone, this may help you to feel a bit better.

6) Post in the feedback section on QRZ.com

7) Advil may help. ( consult your doctor )

Let us know how it works out,

KG6YV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 11:15:15 AM »

Anyone contemplating a purchase from Martyn should

1. Go to the local liquor store.
2. Buy a quart of Wild Turkey
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 03:35:01 PM »

Anyone contemplating a purchase from Martyn should

1. Go to the local liquor store.
2. Buy a quart of Wild Turkey

3.  Shoot themselves for being so dumb!
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 07:38:02 AM »

Instead of Wild Turkey, try:

1.  Everclear - straight grain alcohol.

2.  George Stagg - bourbon.

3.  Bookers -- bourbon.

A little of either goes a long way ...

N9LCD
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 01:16:12 PM »

I have said this before, will say this again. It amazes me that some disgruntled ham has not paid a visit to Martin and laid a beating on him.

WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 01:40:52 PM »

It's because his team of highly trained ( and highly paid ) technicians also double as body guards, protecting not only him and his staff of professional personnel but also his multi million dollar inventory of high quality ( and fully tested ) used merchandise, as well as his valuable Chinese handhelds. ( in other words everything in his garage and spare bedroom ) .   
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »

Maybe the Canadian penal system is different and privileges include use of the prison amateur radio station.

I have said this before, will say this again. It amazes me that some disgruntled ham has not paid a visit to Martin and laid a beating on him.

It is not worth a felony conviction (or even defense against felony charges) to settle a civil dispute.

N9LCD

W0KAN

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 03:04:23 PM »

Even when scammed, most of us are rational and will avoid drastic measures.

But there is always the chance that someone that is scammed will strike back.

This is an interesting story that is similar.

Murder by Internet

Chris Marquis was a 17-year-old Vermont hustler running a small-time scam online. His virtual business was going great - until somebody killed him.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/6.12/murder.html?pg=1&topic=&topic_set=

(The story runs for multiple pages)

Obviously such drastic actions are wrong and people should rely on the legal system and not retribution.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:39:41 PM by W0KAN » Logged
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 12:46:43 PM »

Maybe the Canadian penal system is different and privileges include use of the prison amateur radio station.

It is not worth a felony conviction (or even defense against felony charges) to settle a civil dispute.

N9LCD

No the laws are no different here. But really, how can this clown keep ripping people off and there is no recourse for his actions? Apparently your government doesn't give a rat's behind if they let him continue to operate. Surely someone has lodged complaints to the Better Business Bureau due to his actions and how he misleads buyers.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 02:15:13 PM »

He could be flying under the law enforcement radar because few of his victims have gone to the police or the Prosecuting Attorney's office to file charges. 
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 04:57:38 PM »

Lexington BBB > Business Directory > Radio Communication Equipment & Systems > Radio Mart
BBB BUSINESS REVIEW

overviewcomplaintsdirections What is a BBB Business Review?
THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED

Radio Mart
(859) 221-8015
132 Prater Dr, Georgetown, KY 40324-8663
http://www.radio-mart.net

Nuff said......
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 05:38:54 PM »

It is my understanding that people cannot complain to the BBB if radio-mart is not a member ?  What good would it do them to complain anyway ?
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 05:46:01 PM »

VE3FMC

The Better Business Bureau has NO law enforcement powers.  Their ratings only extend to their member businesses.  YOU HAVE TO PAY TO BE A MEMBER!!!!

I don't know what the definition of "Felony" is in Kentucky, but, in Illinois, it involves AT LEAST $500.  I wonder how many hams could prove beyond a doubt that were cheated out of least $500 by RadioMarty?  I don't mean their purchase price, but the DIFFERENCE between what they paid for and what they got?

Law enforcement and prosecutors, like everybody else, have to prioritize.  They have only so much, in terms of time, money and manpower, to devote to investigations and prosecutions.  I hate to say it, violent crimes, crimes against persons, and large or prosecutable thefts come first.  Everything else comes next.

SUGGESTION:  Since the standard of proof in a civil suit is lower than that in a criminal prosecution and the aggrieved parties can initiate a civil suit without involving prosecutors, enough hams who can prove that they have been "damaged" should unite and file a CLASS ACTION suit against RadioMarty, preferably in a U.S. District Court.  That way, the lead plaintiffs can draw in ALL hams who have been adversely affected within a given time frame.

N9LCD 
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: