Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Mart Sales is a scammer  (Read 13760 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 08:12:14 AM »

....But really, how can this clown keep ripping people off and there is no recourse for his actions? Apparently your government doesn't give a rat's behind if they let him continue to operate. Surely someone has lodged complaints to the Better Business Bureau due to his actions and how he misleads buyers.

Could be that this is the reason:

....All the bad stories you read here are true and if you complain, he starts harrassing you at work and threating you with legal action....

With the internet, the freedom of information act (in the good 'ol US), and the way you can find anything on the internet these days, if someone were to try to play hardball with this clown, they're likely to find themselves on the receiving end of so much harassment that they're sorry they tried.

Also, the government here is big money--and money is the operative word.  The government doesn't give a rat's *ss about the little guys--they're there to protect big money--their benefactors.  It's really sad, but it's fact.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 04:25:38 PM »

Martyn seems to be better ( and seems to spend more time at it ) threatening unhappy customers with legal action than selling radios .
K6RQR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 12:23:44 PM »

I have already complained to Scott at QTH and he replied that he has had no complaints and will not drop this scammer from his list of advertisers.  I responded that being on QTH.com helps build up whatever credibility that Martyn has and allows him to continue his scams. The same thing happened on ebay. Despite numerous complaints they kept him on for a long time.
Martyn Allison is a disgrace to ham radio.

Bruce  K6RQR

WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 04:23:54 PM »

I have already complained to Scott at QTH and he replied that he has had no complaints and will not drop this scammer from his list of advertisers.  I responded that being on QTH.com helps build up whatever credibility that Martyn has and allows him to continue his scams. The same thing happened on ebay. Despite numerous complaints they kept him on for a long time.
Martyn Allison is a disgrace to ham radio.

Bruce  K6RQR

I know for a fact that numerous people have complained directly to Scott at QTH.com but he seems not to care at all. For the last several months QTH does not even have a "feedback forum" , advising people to go elsewhere to leave feedback .....?  In my opinion Scott seems much more interested in revenue for his website than he does about the integrity of his sellers. ( yes Scott I am talking to you, I would love ( with your permission ) to post here the several private emails you sent me regarding radio-mart but I will not unless you say it's ok.

W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2013, 07:19:51 PM »

Wait..............hold the phone here..........you mean to tell me that the owner of this site KNOWINGLY lets that thief advertise on here??
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 03:19:55 PM »

Wait..............hold the phone here..........you mean to tell me that the owner of this site KNOWINGLY lets that thief advertise on here??

Not the owner of THIS site, the owner of QTH.com ...
K4LJP

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »

I am another ham who has notified Scott of received abuse from Martyn Allison, dba Radio Mart, after refusing to  to accept his check for an item I had posted for sale.
 Scott's reply was that I probably had it coming.
I also think his FeedBack Forum was a valuable service to amateur community that I really looked forward to. It kinda let the little guy vent about obvious scammers, like Martyn.
I have sent yearly contributions (not really a lot, but probably more than most) to Scott for the use of his classified forum and services. I also had the pleasure of meeting and partying with him several years on the Thursday nights before the opening of the Dayton Hamvention, at the Hooters party sponsored by ARRAY Solutions.
As long as he chooses to ignore the overwhelming horror stories from hams ripped off by K4TEC, I will not be financially supporting him any more. If a lot of "little guys" like myself also start withholding their voluntary contributions for Scott's services, maybe he will "do the math" and determine if standing up for a thief is more profitable..........de Lee, K4LJP
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 04:28:48 PM »

I will not usher up one red cent again after these posts..
N7DPP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 10:54:47 AM »

here is an update on martins legal status in KY for his co "RADIO-MART"

Commonwealth of Kentucky
John Y. Brown III
Secretary of State
Certificate of Dissolution
MARTYN G. ALLISON
872' BURTON PIKE
GEORGETOWN, KY 40324
I, John Y. Brown, Secretary of State of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, do
hereby certify that according to the records in the o~ce of the Secretary of State,
RADIO MART, INC.
did not file its 2002 annual report within Sixty days after it was due. Accordingly, the
Secretary of State administratively dissolved the corporation on November 1, 2002.
r\ .:
G NOV f ~ 2002
.~;~~~ETAR_Y, OF SlATE
- ...... ON'M:/1.GH OF KY
IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have
hereunto set my hand and affixed my
official seal this 1st day of November,
&L.. ~. (L,."" $.
John Y. Brown ill
Secretary of State
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 05:21:51 AM »

Now isn't that cute....  One scammer pointing his finger at another scammer!
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 04:11:03 PM »

It seems "radio-mart" is now peddling Chinese handhelds and Heil mic's on Amazon.com. His feedback rating is at 92%. When I check "see all feedback" for some reason it won't let me, directing me to a shipping rate page. I find this odd as I can see all of the other sellers complete feedback history. Can anyone shed some light on this ?

And yes, I plan on alerting Amazon as to what kind of a seller Martyn is.........
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 01:09:22 AM »

Now isn't that cute....  One scammer pointing his finger at another scammer!
*BOL*!!
K9XR

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 03:33:30 PM »

And he was Bitching about the high commissions he had to pay Ebay. He ain't seen nothing yet. Good for him!
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 05:41:40 AM »

It seems "radio-mart" is now peddling Chinese handhelds and Heil mic's on Amazon.com. His feedback rating is at 92%. When I check "see all feedback" for some reason it won't let me, directing me to a shipping rate page. I find this odd as I can see all of the other sellers complete feedback history. Can anyone shed some light on this ? ...

If you go to his feedback page, the left side has the shipping information--you have to look over to the extreme right side of the page.  Of what I saw, he has six feedback posts on there, five of which were 5/5, and one 1/5.  He still seems to be continuing his ways....
AI4U

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 06:41:42 AM »

Wow, this surprises me! I had never done a search about Radio-Mart, but about a month ago I purchased a tuner from him because he had the lowest price, I received it, decided I didnt need it, called him, sent it back and got my money back...no problems, no questions asked...He answered every email, every call...
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: