Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The City of Mesa Arizona  (Read 2961 times)
KC7MF

Ignore
« on: February 06, 2013, 09:33:27 PM »

The City of Mesa Arizona has decided that every vendor, including  you and I who want to sell some used coax, have a city vendor's license and file sales tax.  The license application is long and the fee is, I believe, $30.00 in additon to the tax collected. 

This is a shame.  I contacted the mayors office and they are "looking into it."  I am not holding my breath. 

The real loosers from this absurd law are the great people at the Superstition Amateur Radio Club.  They stand to lose money on this event.  I want to encourage everyone to drop by and purchase some tickets for the door prizes to help them out. 

Maybe Mesa could require licenses of all the lemonaid stands that the kids put up in the summer.  They could raise hundreds. 

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:47:27 PM by KC7MF » Logged
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 02:15:35 PM »

Well the Mayor's "looking" into it consisted of the club being told tough stuff. That there was nothing they could or would do. So this shows that the money is more important to the city than any people.
I was there this morning and the crowd of sellers was a shadow of past years. I am sure the club is going to move the hamfest out of Mesa. Unfortunately moving to a location farther east will not do well. Any move east will cause even more of the folks from the west side to opt out of the drive. I heard talk of AJ or Queen Creek or even the reservation. I see the death knoll in these. Its a sad thing. Having been involved with hamfests for over 30 years I can say that once a fest starts to move around it takes years to recover if ever. Its all abt location and since this valley is so wide the drives become an issue. And the ham population in the east valley is not big enough to support a hamfest on their own, it needs some folks from the west side also. And with the growth of eBay and the use of the internet to buy gear this all has become even more critical.

73 and see you on the bands

Dan/NØFPE

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »

Sell it outside the city limits.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: