The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting users on moderation/ probation  (Read 8458 times)
W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 02:18:41 PM »

Lookie that,  out came the threadlock again. Loctite must love that guy  Wink

The administrator said don't let the topic get out of hand. Unfortunately it did get out of hand and it was locked.

Most of us tried to focus on the history like the administrator requested, but some decided otherwise.

The internet and cellphone networks are great until they go down, what then? Find out here. 
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,111948.0.html

Using Windows 98 For Packet...
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 04:51:37 PM »

You mean, like this? Naw, that poster would never go off topic  Roll Eyes

RE: CB Radio History
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2017, 04:15:04 PM »

I was listening to a local talk show and they were discussing a recent survey on what is the #1 thing you cant live without my guess was air. The surveys anwser was facebook.All that can be said is WOW. It also tells me they were surveying young people..Have a joyous day and be safe and God bless.Trying to make cb like ham radio professional..10-4 Over an Out..
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 04:20:26 PM by KC8KTN »

Or this?
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2017, 11:54:15 AM »

Quote from: K9MHZ on June 15, 2017, 10:42:39 AM
Quote from: KC8KTN on June 15, 2017, 12:09:40 AM
 WOW.. What a radio... Yeah the cb has extra channels do not freak out do gooders you know who you are K9MHZ and WZ7U ...

Goofball drunk troll.
Maybe someone needs a breathalyzer interlock for their computer?

OK, guilty as charged. ^^  It could however be a viable option  Wink

Then there was this one too...
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2017, 12:09:40 AM »

WOW.. What a radio... Yeah the cb has extra channels do not freak out do gooders you know who you are K9MHZ and WZ7U ... This is one old cb.. Just thought what a nice radio in the day. On my paper route back in the day there was a radio shop called Niles Radio supply what a store it was, a Lafayette store. My paper route days 1973 to middle of 1976..
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x8816d5359c164481:0x53cba4a8ae09ee17!2m19!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m13!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/niles%2Bradio%2Bsupply%2Bniles%2Bmichigan/@41.8380338,-86.2538182,3a,75y,111.45h,90t/data%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211s09FayufRa669eQccqMEjNg*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x8816d5359c164481:0x53cba4a8ae09ee17!5sniles+radio+supply+niles+michigan+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e2!2s09FayufRa669eQccqMEjNg&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjcu5_Qqr_UAhVj0YMKHUsFDXwQpx8IXDAK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e14SB1Nue-U.
Have a nice day . God Bless. Trying to make ham radio a cool place for all even old cbers and non- cber's....Be safe and have a joyous day... WOW.  10-4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdz8WlCqmCs&index=16&list=FLVdsQNtCrwd6ZgYrTfXBTBA   
One more cool video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMeFe68vDCc
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:32:50 AM by KC8KTN »

Can't forget these too...
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 04:21:13 PM »

I want a Hollywood cb they can talk around the world on 4watts never any static. Remember Smokey and the bandit and the Dukes of Hazzard..Have a blessed day and be safe. 10-4...My first cb was a 1.5 watt 3 chan laffayete walkie talkie on a trick stick antenna crystal radio with transmitt and reveive crystals..1976 era...Again have a blessed  and joyous day. God Bless.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:25:23 PM by KC8KTN »

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2017, 12:09:50 AM »

One Glorified C.B. Radio... WOW.  Better than my fathers Radio... CHECK CHECK CHECK Audio 1234...WOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG-6v1t1kUA
That was one professional audio check.... To all have a nice day/ JOYOUS day and be safe....Rodg O
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrwqCLMSWQ8
I even read this is able to be controlled with a smart phone App...

But of course the troll got me to bite yet again...
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 02:07:16 AM »

^^^More glorification....... once a good buddy, always a good buddy. ^^^

It's all just radio, right? I guess rules are optional any more. After seeing vids like this over and over from you Charles, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict it's OK with you to use ham rigs on 11 meters.

Ridiculous. This post just went off topic by a wide margin and I hear the padlocks rattling already.

Here....
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2017, 08:38:03 AM »

Every since I got my ham ticket in 1998 I have noticed this simmering dislike for the c.b band almost hatred of c.b. even thou as stated in an earlier post most hams today either came from the cb world or played in it awhile. I myself started in the radio hobby in 1976 it was different back then. In  my area there were several cb clubs and the like. There was even one lady she was in her 80's that would do wake up calls on the phone she took this serious  she was in one of the cb clubs in the area. Some clubs really took cb radio serious but no more . C.B's i have noticed are really nice to have in the vehicle for over the road trips still to this day great for traffic info/jams. To all have a safe and blessed day and be safe watching the news and it is just getting crazy out there. P.S. I have also noticed that whenever I tell people I am a ham most every person says is that like cb radio most of the public think cb radio and ham are intertwined just something i have noticed over the years.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:45:13 AM by KC8KTN »

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2017, 12:37:04 PM »

Quote from: W4KYR on June 14, 2017, 03:56:28 AM
Quote from: WZ7U on June 14, 2017, 02:07:16 AM
^^^More glorification....... once a good buddy, always a good buddy. ^^^
It's all just radio, right? I guess rules are optional any more. After seeing vids like this over and over from you Charles, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict it's OK with you to use ham rigs on 11 meters.
Ridiculous. This post just went off topic by a wide margin and I hear the padlocks rattling already.

I hope this doesn't get locked (like the all the other ones did, but I predict it will before this goes to page 4 or just after....). It would be nice to have an intelligent discussion on this subject for once without it having get locked or disappear.....again.

The reason for starting the CB band in the first place was a good one that started out with good intentions and for the most part worked until the 1970's when it turned into a 'three headed monster for the FCC'. (As one publication so eloquently worded it in some radio enthusiast magazine long ago).

It would be nice to hear from people using CB radio in the 1960's. From a 1960's perspective, Like what kind of radios did you use, what kind of antenna did you have, how far did you communicate? What did you use CB for ? Business? Personal Communications?

I believe long ago you had to order the FCC CB rules Part 505 from the U.S. printing office.  I believe the CB license was like $20 in the 1970's. How much was the license in the 1960's? How much did the part 505 Rules cost? We rarely,  if ever hear about using CB in the 1960's. It would be interesting to hear more about it. (The mid 1970's and up we know all too well, but what about earlier than that?)

I don't think it's the topic as much as one of the messengers 

Here...
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 08:21:26 AM »

Amen . C.B. was king in the day. Radio Shack also was the place...
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP7CsIEcfV8

C.B. radio influenced the top 40 music  radio . I remember hearing it on W.L.S. am radio back in the day. ALMost everyone have a joyous and blessed day.Be safe and take care good buddies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVh179oXFao&t=55s

I even remember a local ham around here that said 10-4 could not be used in conversations on simplex or repeaters because it was cb radio talk . He claimed the rule being broke was that 10-4 was a secret code and that was illegal on ham radio. WHATEVER.WOW.

Thanks N2MG what you said . Take Care..
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 08:37:05 AM by KC8KTN »

This one too...
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 06:52:11 AM »

Quote from: K9MHZ on June 13, 2017, 06:43:20 AM
Quote from: The KTN on June 12, 2017, 08:21:26 AM
I even remember a local ham around here that said 10-4 could not be used in conversations on simplex or repeaters because it was cb radio talk . He claimed the rule being broke was that 10-4 was a secret code and that was illegal on ham radio. WHATEVER.WOW.
Somebody's trolling.  Can't help yourself, eh Chuckie?

BTW, I don't believe your anecdote, even for a second.

He's still mad about his run in with a certain repeater trustee a few years ago. Couldn't play by the rules and suddenly, "Repeater cops are everywhere."

Originating with ...
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 10:33:54 PM »

WZ7U Dragging my name in Wow. I see backstabbing goes on..Never fails.WOW. Have a nice day.

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 02:43:17 AM »

No backstabbing at all. Just an accurate observation, nothing more. He did sound like you in that post and I knew mentioning that would drag you away from your powder long enough to whine about it, so my job here is complete. Roger dee good buddy 

And, of course the admonition from our esteemed administrator...
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 05:21:50 AM »

My official stamp on this thread:

11 meters used to be a ham radio band so CB radio "history" is OK by me.

Just don't let the topic get out of hand. ;-)

Mike N2MG

All this to highlight the numbers of occurrences directly attributable to a particular poster (ok a few). I could've put these in chronological order, but I've wasted enough of my day on this as it is. I certainly hope the colors help accentuate the various posters better.

It seems the lightning would dissipate if the lightning rod were taken down.  Wink

That's enough wasted server space by me over this topic. It's obvious who the chief $#!t stirrer is, and I apologize for my part in feeding the troll. Get rid of the problem child and the problem will go away, IMO. dit dit

WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God.

Doing good is like picking fresh blackberries - if it doesn't sting a little sometimes, you're doing something wrong.

R.I.P. Dan Huettl, God Bless
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2017, 06:01:14 AM »

Folks,
Can we please try to keep this from being something personal? I tried to originate this thread without putting names or call signs on it. At issue is the behavior that can also be seen on other forums as well were there are some strong and opinionated folks who beat people over the head.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
Free space loss (dB) = 32.4 + 20 × log10d + 20 × log10 f
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2017, 03:21:19 PM »

Sorry Tisha if what I wrote was offensive, but until a name and a face gets put on the problem nothing will change. If what I wrote is out of line, my apologies. Please feel free to delete it and I will never speak of it again.  Lips sealed

Doing good is like picking fresh blackberries - if it doesn't sting a little sometimes, you're doing something wrong.

ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 05:01:48 PM »

Sorry Tisha if what I wrote was offensive, but until a name and a face gets put on the problem nothing will change. If what I wrote is out of line, my apologies. Please feel free to delete it and I will never speak of it again.  Lips sealed

I didn't see anything "offensive" in any of your RED comments, you just copied and pasted existing forum posts.
W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2017, 03:37:54 AM »

I didn't see anything offensive either. Here is the thing, while threads have been locked or disappeared before here on eham. I have never seen anyone with as many closed posts as the ham in question.

I even asked that some of the posts be closed because the posts got beyond ridiculous and sometimes the posts were outright B.S. Even posts that the ham in question didn't start...ended up getting locked or disappeared entirely because when the ham in question joined in the conversation it went downhill pretty quick.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:41:08 AM by W4KYR » Logged

The internet and cellphone networks are great until they go down, what then? Find out here. 
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,111948.0.html

Using Windows 98 For Packet...
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2017, 06:38:42 AM »

Well...controversy sells...and if you have a Poster (Child) generating lots of traffic for which you can bill the various site sponsors, you have zero incentive to chuck said person off the site.

The problem is...you tend to disenfranchise your paying subscribers, who will vote with their feet.
N1UKX

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2017, 02:21:38 AM »

The problem is...you tend to disenfranchise your paying subscribers, who will vote with their feet.

That's what I did with my money.  I'll pay again when the bull stops....
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2017, 10:15:46 AM »

Yup! I know whatchall mean. Folks get up here and make silly comments or have
some silly signature. Don'tcha just hate 'em.

They should be banned from the hardware store.

_ _ ... ... _ _

Kraus
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2017, 09:50:09 PM »

Silly signatures? Like this one?

KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2017, 05:19:46 AM »

I'm glad you see the humor.

May I ask who was Dan?

And wear your seat belt.

Kraus
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2017, 03:58:22 PM »

I'm glad you see the humor.

May I ask who was Dan?

And wear your seat belt.

Kraus
No problem dude. A valid question too. Sorry for going off topic a bit here folks.

Dan was the previous, original issued holder of WZ7U. From what I have gathered, he was a devoted family man and senior engineer with a well known international communications equipment manufacturer that died prematurely from reasons unbeknownst to me. I've been in contact with his niece and her father, both hams, about getting to use his callsign and they are very supportive about it. Of course you could say 'so what, they're out of the loop now' but being as this was my first vanity call and that the SK was the original issued holder, I felt it necessary to at least check in with the relatives and express my condolences as well as reassure them I would attempt to honor the callsign and his memory. I know to some it sounds weird, but doing that was what my heart was led to do. Plus, I doubt I will ever want to change this call for another, mainly because this one rolls off so easy in Morse. A callsign to me is like a name and I'm not too keen on changing names all the time. For example, I started as KC7QEB and when I moved up to Advanced (remember advanced calls guys?) I took the sequential assignment of KK7UE. After some major life changes, to start my third license cycle I chose to take the sequential assignment of AF7XM. I liked that call too, but somehow I ended up trying for, and winning, WZ7U. I'm not likely to change this call because I feel comfortable with it and like I said, easy peasy in Morse. It's all there on the ULS.

I hope that wasn't way more than you wanted, but it was as concise as I could make it. I mention him in my signature line as respects to a man I never got to work or meet, yet I now have his call.

And yes, I always wear my seatbelt. Saved my butt twice so far in high speed roll over wrecks. Thanks for reminding us to do that. 73!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 04:00:39 PM by WZ7U » Logged

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: