About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DXCC?  (Read 35455 times)
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 07:01:30 PM »

Thanks for that post, AA4PB.  I guess I have been confused ever since we stopped having to identify if we were in a different call area.  For the longest time I was WD4ELG/6 or WD4ELG/3.  Now I don't know who is where.

So, there is no station license, only people get licensed now.

What about if I want to operate a remote base in VK land?  We have reciprocal agreement, right?  I heard a VK running SSB from a KP2 station, but he was VERY clear about it, saying he was "VKX, operating remote base KP2**"

What if the remote base is in a country where we don't have a reciprocal agreement?  Does it even matter?
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 05:22:44 AM »

If you are in the U.S. and operating a remote base located in another country then you have to follow the rules of that country. It is the same as if you were operating from that country.
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 06:42:13 PM »

Thanks.  Any restrictions on operating a remote base from another country, like are US hams forbidden to do so?  Reciprocal agreement required>

Separate question - I guess I better learn the rules for Brazilian license if I want to operate the remote there, where would I find those rules?  Hmmm
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 05:24:19 AM »

Is the remote base in Brazil or are you (the control point) in Brazil? You have to follow the rules of the country where the transmitter is located.

1) Remote base in U.S., you are at control point in Brazil: The transmitter is under FCC juristiction. You have an FCC license so you can operate the station from anywhere. I wouldn't think that Brazil would have any juristiction because you are only using the Internet in Brazil. You aren't transmitting any RF from a Brazil location.

2) Remote base in Brazil, you are at control point in the U.S.: The transmitter is under Brazil's juristiction. You must meet all of Brazil's requirements (reciprical license, etc) just the same as if you were physically in Brazil operating the station.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: