Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alinco DJV57T Programming Basics???  (Read 2310 times)
WB0UPD

Ignore
« on: February 07, 2013, 05:02:52 PM »

I've had VHF rigs before and programmed, but this one I am having a problem doing the simplest things.   Am I assuming right that once you get a channel programed it can't be edited? 

Any software I can use and what cable.  I don't have problems with computers but this thing....
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:11:01 AM »

The Baofeng UV-5R requires to delete the memory cell's content before storing new data. The Alinco may be similar.
WB0UPD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 05:31:18 AM »

I think I am getting close. You need to use the VFO mode to enter all the info about the  repeater, like tones and frequency and then make it a memory channel. Then use the  built in function to automatically set the repeater offset and such. I don't see a way to edit a memory channel??

Still wondering about the USB cable and software. Is there someplace else to post??
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 07:56:51 AM »

There is some kind of open source software called CHIRP. They may also cover your rig.
WB0UPD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 02:21:34 PM »

Ended up  buying the RT Systems software and USB cable. About $54 US to my door. We will see how it works.  I did get the radio programed for local repeaters, but since we travel a lot I wanted to program a trips worth of repeaters, with names all at one time.  Undecided
K5BEZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 09:01:44 AM »

I just got my new DJ-V57T yesterday and it takes a bit of doing, but you can program it fairly easy.
But I do like your idea of the programming software etc. I'll probably order this set up as well.

73 de Brett/K5BEZ
WB0UPD

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 10:09:10 AM »

The last HT I had was a ICOM and that was 8 years ago or so.  The owners manual leaves some details out.  Now maybe if you have owned a HT in the past they all program about the same. That's my guess for the easy to program reviews. Easy compared to the Chinese radios!

I've been working with computers since 1979 or so, and back then we did some home brew projects interfaced with the 2 meter band, simplex of course.

What the book leaves out is I have not found a way to re-program memory details, like offset, tone and so on. So you need to delete and start over. Not sure if you can skip a memory channel or not. It would be nice to group memory channels to say a VHF area and another group UHF.  Also the Function key, the book says Press and Hold while also pressing a certain key to do this or that.  IF you hold it a micro second longer your into the Basic set up mode.  Something you'd want to do, say maybe a couple times a year.  So once you under stand that its press hold, x key (to get the function) and let go ASAP your ok. But since pressing any key takes it out of the programing mode, you need to use the knob on top for selection.

I Like the radio, one big fault is no feedback on the battery life.  How tough when doing the radio programming in the ROM  would it be to access the battery voltage and post a readout?? Other than the Full or Empty icon.

The Software and cable works wonderfully. Ordered on Friday, received on Monday!  The software also lets you Save your file, and you could create files in advance, say like for a road trip and download to the radio as you go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: