Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Molly has resigned.  (Read 15181 times)
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »

I was contacted by RF Concepts and was assured by their owner that they are not having finical problems of any kind.

Gordon is still on staff and will be writing the code along with others.

The antenna tuner project is doing fine.

I apologize for any misunderstanding my previous post might have caused.
K0ZN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 12:15:40 PM »

Thanks for hitting this straight on, Molly. That is the best way to stop rumors and speculation.
You have a great reputation, so it is easy to see why there was some concern.
I had a couple of conversations with you over the years and each one was a positive experience.
Here is wishing you the best in the future.

73,  Jon,  K0ZN
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 06:25:41 AM »

Dear Friends and Customers All,

Please stop your speculations and theories about Molly and about RF Concepts!  I just need a break - I still believe that Alpha amplifiers are the best in the world and I still operate one (or two, hi, hi) here at my QTH - perhaps I'll even get back on the air again!
But idle rumormongering is much more fun than boring old facts! ;-)

BTW, the returned 9500 you sold me just before you left (now named "Beast") is doing great. Thanks!

Enjoy your rest, Molly.

- Steve (WX2S.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:42:21 AM by WX2S » Logged

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
WB0PJZ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 10:27:53 AM »

Good morning all,

My name is Joe Jurneke, and yes, I am the new CEO for RF Concepts.  I just wanted to say hello, and assure everyone that RF concepts is alive and well.  Our number one priority is delighting our customers and friends.  Rest assured you will receive the finest service we can provide on a timely basis.

Some folks have speculated about me.  Let me give you a bit of info.  I have been in Research and Development for 4 decades, both as a technology director, and as an engineer.  I hold 11 patents in signal processing technologies.  I indeed do hold an amateur advanced class license, had it for 40 years, ever since my novice days.  I also hold commercial broadcast licenses, in fact those were issued prior to becoming a ham.  Much of my operating activity was quite some time ago, long before the internet was popular, including much activity on VHF and UHF.  I personally enjoy the technology aspect more than the contesting activity.

That said, RF concepts is an organization of highly competent individuals with single focus - to please our customers.  If anyone has a problem with products, or customer service, I want to know about it!

I wish everyone the very best, and look forward to meeting you on the air as some point in time!

Best regards,

Joe Jurneke
CEO RF Concepts
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 10:35:02 AM »

Thanks for the personal updates.  I love my Alpha 87 A. Molly do you remember a couple of years back at Visalia, when  almost knocked over the table with the amps on with my little red scooter. , Thatwould have been an expensive OOPS!  tom N6AJR
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 10:42:52 AM »

Good morning all,

My name is Joe Jurneke, and yes, I am the new CEO for RF Concepts.  I just wanted to say hello, and assure everyone that RF concepts is alive and well.  Our number one priority is delighting our customers and friends.  Rest assured you will receive the finest service we can provide on a timely basis.

Some folks have speculated about me.  Let me give you a bit of info.  I have been in Research and Development for 4 decades, both as a technology director, and as an engineer.  I hold 11 patents in signal processing technologies.  I indeed do hold an amateur advanced class license, had it for 40 years, ever since my novice days.  I also hold commercial broadcast licenses, in fact those were issued prior to becoming a ham.  Much of my operating activity was quite some time ago, long before the internet was popular, including much activity on VHF and UHF.  I personally enjoy the technology aspect more than the contesting activity.

That said, RF concepts is an organization of highly competent individuals with single focus - to please our customers.  If anyone has a problem with products, or customer service, I want to know about it!

I wish everyone the very best, and look forward to meeting you on the air as some point in time!

Best regards,

Joe Jurneke
CEO RF Concepts

Messages like this are the mark of a professional. Good one!

73 de N4CR, Phil

Never believe an atom. They make up everything.
W4VR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 07:51:19 AM »

I'm glad I sold my Alpha amplifiers several years ago.  Sounds to me like the company is operating on thin ice.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 01:45:52 PM »

Hi Mike,

It probably falls into the "three biggest lies", most likely #3:
1. The check is in the mail.
2. I will respect you in the morning.
3. There will be no changes after the acquisition.

73 and DX,

John

John you forgot number 4

4.  It was part of the plan when the deal was made.

IMHO that's the most likely of the scenarios, because once you have owned your own business it's pretty hard to go work for someone else and when companies are taken over the new owners like to have the original managers on hand for a period so they can figure out how to steer the ship.   So my guess is that she agreed to stay on for a period during transition and then when that time was up she left.
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 05:49:53 AM »

Hmmm... Side note: they were prolly going in the wrong direction with the tuner. The edge-wound roller inductor design seems to have reliability problems. Switched inductors work reliably if less accurately, and you don't have the high cost and toxicity problems of the beryllium-copper wheel. It's a design-for-manufacturability issue.

-WX2S.

You realize that 'prolly' is a 'slang' word and not proper English, don't you?  If you use 'probably', instead of 'prolly', you would sound more intelligent.
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 09:37:56 AM »

*plonk*

- WX2S

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
W4AMP

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 08:47:48 AM »

Molly was a 110% class act all the way around. The best customer oriented individual I have ever dealt with in ham radio. I think the world of her and Gordon, both as operators and professionals. I wish her the best. Those will be some huge shoes to fill.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: