Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elmac Power Supply M-1470 Schematic needed  (Read 1604 times)
K1YTG

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2013, 06:30:17 PM »

I have not been able to locate a schematic for the Multi-Elmac M-1470.  I found references to it saying it was somewhat like the M-1070.
But is has two power transformers and two vibrators.  The high voltage is developed by adding the 250 volts for the receiver to the output of the second transformer to get a total of around 600 volts for the 6146 final.  Reminds me a little of the power supply for the Art-13. 
The sockets for connection to the transmitter receiver pair are different than on the 1070.  And the transmitter manual does not show the connections for this one, only the 1070.
This may be a low production unit as there is little about it I can find.
Thanks, Norm
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 07:55:55 PM »

Norm -

I see that Bob at Surplus Sales of Nebraska claims to have M-1470 manual.
http://www.surplussales.com/Manuals/man_elmac.html

Jim Garland, W8ZR has photo of M-1070 for his Multi-Elmac AF-68 "Transciter"
http://www.w8zr.net/vintage/transmitters/af68.htm
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 07:59:55 PM by W9GB » Logged
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 04:33:22 PM »

My Response here is a little out in left field. I have the ER (Electric Radio) article that gives guidance to build a modern PS using two transformers to give you the HV. Electric Radio #189 Feb 2005. If you want to get away from the vibrators. PM me if you are interested in a different approach. I would be willing to sell you the PS I built, with the special transformer arrangement the author designed,  and I'll throw my AF67 I have as a parts unit. When it arrived by UPS, it was supposed to be in perfect working condx. BUT it had a defective mod transformer. I was sold another defective mod transformer by some guy in NJ who apparently is the only one left that wants to repair these things.
I'm a little negative toward the TX cuz of the bad experience getting mine to work with a make-shift mod transformer. Plus there are numerous mods for the AF-67 to get more power out of the final stage and more stability from the VFO. I have those write-ups too. There is an AF-67 net, I think, on 75M.
Thanks for reading
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: