Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggest avoidng K6SAD  (Read 2156 times)
N0JR

Ignore
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:29:42 AM »

I suggest you think twice before attempting to do business with this person.  If your experience is  anything like mine it will be boring, unpleasant and entirely unrewarding.  For one thing, you will be inundated by email messages for days, sometimes hourly, that range from carping to whining to  bragging and showing off.  For another, nothing you do for the person will be found pleasing or be appreciated; he will always “know better” and “would have done differently,” even though obviously possessed of very limited knowledge and very poor judgment.  When I was growing up such people, regardless of age and gender, were known as “cranky little old ladies” or  “maiden aunts"–isolates mostly, out of touch, with too much time and too little to do, and no other way to feel important than to gripe and complain and whine about others. You know the type.  Life is too short and the hobby too valuable.
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 04:00:23 PM »

Look at the last letters of his call. Says it all.
K9XR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 12:05:05 AM »

What's wrong with his call. It seems that he was originally issued that call long ago as opposed to some who have vanity calls to make them look like old-timers.
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 01:27:11 PM »

My original call was issued in 1954 as a novice it was KN2OWK and K2OWK after the upgrade. I was out of ham radio for many years. Then went back in and reclamed my original call using the vanity system. My original call was never taken in all those years.

As for the comment about the last three letters of the ham who's call that was complained about "SAD". It was a sarcastic joke with no harm intended.

73s

K2OWK
KA2CDT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »

Not only is he "sad",he is also "Moody" (at least that is what his name says:). This is also a sarcastic joke with no harm intended!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: