Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for DX Reports...N1RIK 29.660 Repeater, NC...just went online  (Read 8733 times)
N1RIK

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2013, 10:12:14 PM »

Hi Everyone.

I'm looking to get some DX reports on my new repeater that went online this past weekend.  It's 29.660tx / 29.560rx, PL tone required is 107.2 hz... and is linkerd into my 442.250 McCain, NC and 53.150 Cameron/Carthage, NC repeaters. 

The receiver is located at my QTH, 9 miles east of Vass, NC about 1/2 mile from FT.Bragg with a 1/2 wave antenna EndFed Zepp stretched vertical from 40 - 56 ft. in a pine tree, and the Transmitter is putting out 80-watts about 1.5 miles Southeast of the receive site with the A-99 transmit antenna being placed on the top of a 1 story home.... very shortly the antenna will be remounted to the top of a 60 ft. tower.

The first day when it went up, having the repeater in carrier squelch mode, California stations were stumbling in with nice signals. 

I have ordered a Advanced Receiver Research 15 db bi-polar preamp which should be in soon.. that should help perk some things up.

But if anyone has a DX report for my repeater, feel free to drop me an email at djthumpmatic@yahoo.com and give a shout across the repeater....some of the locals have been listening in on my 10m,6m, and 440 repeaters waiting for some DX contacts.

Thanks & 73s,
Bill, N1RIK
KD4TVB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 11:54:50 AM »

I just went up to 29.660 and listen for a few minutes but did not hear anything.
I will check back over the weekend and see if I catch the band open so I can hear your repeater.
I am just a tech so, I can not talk on the repeater but I will let you know if I hear it.

Best 73,
Charles,
KD4TVB,
Marshall, NC,
ncphotos@gmail.com,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: