Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RigExpert Standard issues with Audio Codec  (Read 2292 times)
K6ALF

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:15:27 PM »

Hi all,

I've had a RigExpert Standard for about a year. Havent used it in a few monthes so decided to try some PSK31 again.  Now the WaterFall display showes nothing.  Attempted to adjust the volume setting for the Waterfall but Digipan gives me an error stating to enable audio mixer. It was working b4. Played with it awhile but gave up. Tryed it on a laptop with same result.  Reinstall my old home brew PSK31 interface it it works just fine.  Attempted to contact Rigexpert Tech support but no response.

Any one else had strange issues with Rigexpert Standard? Mixw gave the same results, no drive on waterfall and same error.

I'm starting to think it is toast.. Now looking at the SignalLink USB(will miss the CAT port on Rigexpert STD thou).

Tony
WA9UAA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 10:59:07 AM »

Tony,
I just got one of these and realized there are drivers needed that allow the computer to select the Rig Expert as a USB sound device, these came on the install CD. I'm running Vista BTW. With in the programs, Digipan etc. one of the choices for the sound card setup should be named USB sound device or the like. If you don't see those you'll need to reinstall the drivers. You might check your device manager under sound devices to see if the Rig Expert is showing up as a supported device.
Mine is working fine at the moment.
Rob WA9UAA
K6ALF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 09:19:18 PM »

Thnx for the reply Rob,

I double checked things and everything installs ok SW
wise.

I even followed this complete de-install:

http://www.szpilfogel.com/ve1kg/RigExpertUninstallGuide.htm

Still no waterfall drive at all. Still getting the error mesg:

"There is a problem with your sound hadware.
You may install mixer deives from
the Add/Remove Hardware Wizared in the Control Panel."

There is no such option on XP,Vista or Win 2000.

Anyone need a paritially working RigExpert Standard. The Com Ports work Great!! If not, the case,LED's & pot's should make for a nice project box.

TonyF
K6ALF
K6ALF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 11:37:55 AM »

Thought I would update this issue.

Finally go around to taking alook at the Rigexpert.

Look's like U4 was bad.. No decode on input.  Was getting output on codec chip though.

Ordered a new one from Mouser for $12  TI  PCM2904. Replaced it..  Now works correctly.

Give it a shot if you have the same issue.

Regards,

TonyF
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:42:55 PM »

Thanks for the tip.  Sorry I didn't chime in this discussion but I have a Rig Expert Standard for about 3 years now and haven't encountered any problems......yet.

73, Delwyn, KH6DC

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: