Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JT65 HF and Logging/Rig Control Packages  (Read 4401 times)
K3VAT

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2013, 08:00:48 AM »

Is there any Logging & Rig Control software packages (suites) that have successfully integrated JT 65 HF?

Thanks, 73,
Rich, K3VAT
NN4F

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 09:44:58 AM »

I use HRD, along with JT-Alert, HRD keys the radio, hit log qso and JT alert sends it right through to your HRD Logbook, using the latest free version, NOT 6.0, I think JT-Alert also supports DXKeeper... you can get it from http://ham-apps.com/

Paul - NN4F
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 02:04:51 PM »

Is there any Logging & Rig Control software packages (suites) that have successfully integrated JT 65 HF?

Thanks, 73,
Rich, K3VAT

DXLab interoperates with JT-65 via JT-Alert. Here's a review of DXLab from Laurie VK3AMA, the author of JT-Alert: http://www.eham.net/reviews/review/114057

Dave, AA6YQ
AJ0Z

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 03:58:25 PM »

I use the JT65 and JT-Alerts and JT Macros with the DXLabs packages together and they preform flawlessly. Couldn't ask for a better setup. I use them with a SignaLink USB and Icom IC-746. It is all mouse clicking automation once it is setup. Including logging to eQSL and LoTW.

Andy
WA6MJE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 08:12:47 PM »

I second the endorsement of JT Alert and using it to log to your favorite logging program such at DX Keeper.  JT Alert makes it so easy.  It scans your logs and figures out what states and what countries you need on what bands to get your awards. Then it parses call signs and discovers if you need to contact any of the stations you decode. Then, if you need the contact, a nice female voice alerts me from my computer speaker so I can get up off my butt and go pay attention.  Then, when I get to the computer screen, JT Alert tells me if the wanted station belongs to LoTW or Esql, so if I am too lazy to work a station that makes me mail out a paper QSL card, I can just go back to sitting on my butt in the other room.  But if I do work the station, JT Alert collects all the details, figures out missing details using databases that are updated and come with JT Alert so all I need to do to log a contact is click the button "log" and everything else is done. It also tells me if I ever worked a station before as at my age after I walk into the room to see why I was called by JT Alert, I cannot remember why I walked into the room in the first place.  Reminders are essential to me.

The only complaint I have about JT Alert is that I spend too much time sitting on my butt getting fat because there is not much to do other than wait for DX to fall into my lap by accident.  It is sort of like going fishing and waiting for a depressed fish to commit suicide on my fish hook.  That is what logging with JT Alert is like. 

Rene WA6MJE 
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 08:31:23 AM »

Thanks to all who have provided info on JT-Alert - will definitely check it out.  73, Rich, K3VAT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: