Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigaparts - Great Customer Service  (Read 4445 times)
KF7GFL

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2013, 06:33:29 PM »

I was getting ready to order from GigaParts because they have the best prices on the items I was looking to buy when I ran across a thread in this forum criticizing them for poor customer service. It made me think twice before placing the order until I saw Carl's (KJ4RYP) response as he is an employee of GigaParts. After that, I figured they monitor e-ham and would probably bend over backwards to make sure everything came as expected and worked.

I placed my order for a number of items including an FT-857D and waited patiently for my stuff to arrive. Unfortunately I was out of town when everything did show up and my wife kept my son (KF7GFK) from playing with my new toys. I got home and set everything up in sort of a temporary fashion simply so I could play with it. It was like Christmas in January.

In my haste to get everything set up, I may have not paid enough attention to where I put the VHF/UHF temporary antenna and inadvertently turned the electrical wiring in my house into an antenna (never put a vertical antenna an inch underneath a ceiling fan). That is a very bad thing and it kept causing my brand new Astron SS-30M to go into self-preservation mode and shut down. I didn't realize my mistake and thought I had a dud power supply. Naturally it was a Sunday evening and so I sent GigaParts a message on their website asking for help.

The next morning I rang them up and explained the problem I was having. I was hoping there was a user fix I could do so I wouldn't have to send the power supply back as that would leave me without the ability to play with my new toys. I explained what was happening and Mike (N2NXL) patiently listened. We were both stumped and he suggested I call Astron directly and they might have something to try. He made sure I had the number and then followed up the next day with an e-mail. I called Astron where I got a little help. I also did a bit of research and discovered the huge mistake I made in my temporary set up. Mike was glad that I had figured out the problem and that the power supply was working fine.

I highly recommend GigaParts as they have great prices and great service. I was able to talk to someone on the phone as well as correspond via e-mail. You can't ask for much more than that.

Matt - KF7GFL
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 09:38:52 AM »

I have no problem with them !

Jackie
N4MJG
skcc#7305
naqcc #5233
BEEN HAMMING SINCE 2001
W3TUA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:15:35 PM »

I've bought several radios from Gigaparts over the years. My one time dealing with customer service was met with a courteous and professional ham who took care of a small problem.

They come highly recommended in my book.

Korey-W3TUA
N9ZQZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 12:23:11 PM »

I ordered my new 2 meter mobile from them. The best price I could find. I got it shipped fast. I will order from them again without hesitation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: