Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Running of Coax and ground wire  (Read 1978 times)
KT4DLB

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2013, 09:21:54 PM »

I have bought the MFJ-4601 Feed-through panel to hook up coax and ground wire to keep from having to drill hole. My question is will I have a problem with running two coax jumpers from my FT-897D for 1.8-60 MHz and 2 meter  and 70 cm. Then I got to run 2 ground wires from the FT-897D and the MFJ-945E antenna tuner.They will all run side by side to the panel and then on the outside a ground wire will run to the ground rod and the two coax cables will run to the antennas. Will this cause a problem or will it be ok?

73  Lamar
KK4NZO
K2DC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 03:28:09 AM »

Lamar,

You do not need to run two individual ground wires from the rig and tuner all the way to the ground rod.  Just run a ground wire from each piece of equipment to a single connection point inside the shack.  Then run a single ground wire from that point to the MFJ panel and down to the ground rod.  There are plentry of coax connections available for your needs.

Don, K2DC
KT4DLB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 02:05:55 AM »

Thanks Don  for the info.

73 Lamar
KK4NZO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: