Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Ham, New to eHam  (Read 4192 times)
KC9WLF

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2012, 08:27:47 AM »

Received my ticket last month, and already passed my General last Saturday. Though it seems like forever for it to post of the FCC website, considering that my technician was posted 3 days after I had passed the exam.

Now the real learning starts........Though I really don't know where to really start.

Ordered the AE book for my final upgrade, but it already looks scary from the reading I've already done online.
KE6CT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 10:59:05 AM »

Congratulations!

I recently passed all three exams.  I took the Technician and General on June 9 and the Extra on July 14.  I'm currently in the process of setting up a dual band mobile as a base station.  After that, I'll join the local club. 

The Extra class study material is much harder than the General class but it's not impossible to pass it.  There's 702 questions in the new Element 4 question pool I believe.  It just takes more time to go through the material and review the questions. 

You'll be fine. 
KJ1D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 05:43:21 PM »

Congratulations.

I found that the practice tests on line were very helpful. I am sure you will do fine. Try to spend some time every day studing and when you are scoring in the 80s and 90s on the practice tests go for it.

Welcome to the hobby and to Eham.

W7HBP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 06:40:55 PM »

Received my ticket last month, and already passed my General last Saturday. Though it seems like forever for it to post of the FCC website, considering that my technician was posted 3 days after I had passed the exam.

Now the real learning starts........Though I really don't know where to really start.

Ordered the AE book for my final upgrade, but it already looks scary from the reading I've already done online.

I purchased all the extra class manuals and the quick question/answer guide, but spent most of my time on http://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com and in 33 days and 33 hours of studying, passed my exam for extra class.

ARRL Life Member|QRZ Life Member
KC9WLF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 01:43:27 PM »

Notice to all, I passed by AE on the first attempt, this past Saturday on February 9th.
N3DF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 05:55:52 AM »

Great.  Will be looking for your signal on the AE cw bands.

Neil N3DF
K3NPO

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 10:55:25 PM »

Notice to all, I passed by AE on the first attempt, this past Saturday on February 9th.

Congrats! Welcome to the club Smiley

Cat, K3NPO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: