Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DON PINSON---N7DPP-----CAUGHT IN THE ACT----NEVER DO BIZ WITH THIS CROOK  (Read 19875 times)
KC8UAV

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2013, 08:46:14 AM »

As a warning to EVERYONE,

Don Pinson, N7DPP agreed to trade his used Yaesu FT-897D for my new iPad. We agreed that we will each pay shipping, insure it and provide a tracking number. My iPad was sent out on tuesday the 12th, February 2013. According to N7DPP, (Don Pinson) He did the same. My tracking number was valid and I followed my Ipad online, watching it pass through mail centers and eventually leading to his doorstep. The entire time this was happening, Don Pinson said the tracking number was "just delayed" and then the story changed to "the radio is lost in the mail" I've never had a single package lost, EVER.
So, to my suprise I get a email from Don stating that my iPad was not sent complete, as it was without the registration card and manual. Anyone that has knowledge of ipads or iPhones knows they don't come with manuals or registration cards. According to Don Pinson, N7DPP, he has previously owned a iPad, and I find it SHOCKING that he is asking for something that does not exist in the "apple world". Now, even though Don said the ft-897d was "lost", I get a email on Sunday the 17th stating that he "got it back" (odd, I guess only in WA postal services are open on sunday) He claims that still the iPad is without the registration card and manual. I emailed him back stating that again THEY DO NOT COME WITH MANUALS OR REGISTRATION CARDS.

So, after a full week of talking to my fellow hams I get a message on my phone this morning stating Don Pinson N7DPP is now selling a screwdriver antenna. I go to the link http://swap.qth.com/view_ad.php?counter=1047823 and to my suprise (not really suprised) there in the background in his photo is my iPad, with grey belkin cover getting a nice charge, and to the left under a stack of papers and his glasses is the Yaesu FT-897D that was supposedly "lost in the postal system". Now, I have proof he has accepted and is in posession of the iPad, and is still in posession of the Yaesu FT-897D.....Hello fraud alert. Don, you have to the end of the day today to mail out the Yaesu, or return my iPad or I am calling the police. Do whats right, be a man and admit your hands have been caught in the cookie jar. The evidence is pretty strong as you can see.

for all of you other Hams, I'm not the only one who's had to deal with Don Pinson N7DPP. As a matter of fact, the other people with stolen items hae almost a identical story as mine.....Apparently Don Pinson, N7DPP (WHO'S CHANGED CALL SIGNS MANY TIMES) is the only man on earth to have a 100% failure rate with our tried and true postal system. Here is some links to prove my point.

http://donpinson.blogspot.com/

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=86817.0

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?374623-N7DPP-Don-Pinson-Scammer

HERE'S TODAYS LATEST AND GREATEST FOR SALE AD, DATED 2-18-13, WITH MY NOTES FOR CLARIFICATION

KC8UAV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 08:49:57 AM »

update: now Don said my 3 day old iPad is "broken" ----this guy is a CON ARTIST

this is absolutely absurd. I am now in contact with my attorney and the law out in WA.
K7CB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:29:08 AM »

I notice that ad you provided a link for is no longer there.  No doubt he'll post it again later with a different photo that doesn't have your iPad or the Yaesu in the background.
KC8UAV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 08:43:18 AM »

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/buyhondas/N7DPP-897STILLINSHOT.jpg

He emailed me back saying since my new iPad is now "broken", he wants me to send him money to send it back  Huh

I offered to ssend him a cashiers check for the cost of postage as soon as I get my property back (which he has admitted he has) and the postal service has documentation as well of acceptance. He's holding stolen property at the moment. I've offered to drop the charges and case, which now has the attention of the WA and MI prosecuting attorneys office, FBI, IC3 and now FCC and ARRL. I am willing to let all of this slide if he sends back my property. I'm not asking a lot here. He really needs to weigh what road he wants to go down.

I'm trying to be reasonable.  Roll Eyes
WE0Z

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 04:58:59 AM »

I know this doesn't help to get anyone's stolen equipment back from this dirty parasite and sorry excuse of a human but as a 60 year old man with lots of life experience the addage "Every Dog Has His Day" will hold true i this case as it has so many times before!
KJ4BJW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »

You may want to notify the USPS inspectors into the goings on here.  If he is using the postal system for his fraudulent schemes, they will go after him.
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »

Why not notify the local newspapers of the local internet scammer? A little town like Orting is probably starving for some juicy gossip.
KE7EYX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 10:01:46 PM »

Why not notify the local newspapers of the local internet scammer? A little town like Orting is probably starving for some juicy gossip.

Get the local newspaper involved, they will eat him alive an he will be too busy trying to avoid the new to be scamming any one for atleast a short while any ways.   Grin
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 03:02:58 AM »

Old Don is certainly getting a lot of free press.With his experience as a con artist and scammer he should run for political office where it is acceptable to deny or fail to recall all allegations against him.
KC8UAV

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 04:37:40 AM »

Still waiting for my iPad Don...........tick tock  Roll Eyes

Local press........well that is a avenue I haven't yet gone down. When I'm done with the federal prosecuting attorney (yes Don theft over state lines is a FEDERAL matter) then I will hit the media. Hey, I told him I'd drop the charges if he would return my stuff. If he would rather go into a federal theft and fraud case, fine by me. I have given him EVERY opportunity to return my property. Also, the FCC does not like this as well. He messed with the wrong ham this time around.
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 05:32:47 PM »

Don't expect too much from the FED's.

Postal Inspectors are not required to investigate a anything less than $300.  That why fraudsters using the mail like to keep each hit small; they're flying under the radar.

Many interstate offenses must involve at least $10,000 before it becomes federal offenses. 
Other offenses have their specified "minimums".  When I was I banking, there was an armed robbery at one location.  The robber got away with about $2,800.  That was a federal offense.  But, when a teller walked out of the place with $7,800, that wasn't a federal offense.  The police investigated and the State's Attorney prosecuted.

N9LCD

Huh
KC8UAV

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 03:57:12 PM »

Get the local newspaper involved, they will eat him alive an he will be too busy trying to avoid the new to be scamming any one for atleast a short while any ways.   Grin

Now submitted to the local news out there as well.
KC8UAV

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 06:42:33 AM »

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?329119-W6HFS-Donald-Pinson-Orting-Washington

KC8UAV

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 06:44:32 AM »

Call Sign: W7YGP, Previous Call Sign: KB7ZKY, Licensee ID: L01343421
Grant Date: 11/22/2007, Expiration Date: 01/14/2018
Registrant: Donald P Pinson, 21321 194th Ave E, Orting, WA 98360

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/aradio/lic-Orting-Washington.html#ixzz2Nzd9ltdr

I mean how many calls can this guy have? Is it one per ripoff?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: