About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EP3SMH  (Read 893 times)
AB3CX

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2013, 09:56:28 AM »

EP3SMH was active this morning on 15 meter SSB, and I got lucky for an ATNO. Now the task of trying to QSL starts; wondering if anyone has recent information on success rates for getting a card through and back?  The updated QRZ.COM page says send $9 US plus an IRC, and send it registered. Not that US-Iran realtions have been good at all for many years, but recent sanctions are pushing things more, so my guess is the prospects for succesful QSLing are slim...any recent stories?
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:17:15 AM »

I received a QSL for EP3SP whom I worked around 2000 but he had a manager in Europe.  I worked EP4RF in 2010 but he only uses EQSL and there is no mailing address on his QRZ page.  He does have an email address but although I sent several inquiries asking if it was possible to get an actual QSL he never replied. I guess I could sent a card to his name at Shiraz in the province of Fars but it would be like betting on a $5,000 claiming horse in the Kentucky Derby.

I can't say I blame EP4RF. If Iived in Iran I would not want to be exchanging mail with the Great Satan especially if it had some US money in it.

There were a bunch of complaints directed at EP3SMH the other day about his $9 fee for a QSL.  Some Italian ham told him he did not want the "Gold QSL" and asked if he had a rate for a "Silver QSL."

Chris/NU1O
K2DC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 11:41:19 AM »

Nothing recent, but I do have two of his cards, 10M in 2002 and 15M in 2001.  As I recall, they were both direct and didn't take anything special (just a loooong wait).  At the time, I was using IRC's exclusively for direct unless the QRZ listing said GS only and I don't recall if his did or not.

Don, K2DC
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:31:45 PM »

Assuming the K4HB postal rate page is correct, that is what it costs for him to mail a card.  I put a card in the bureau--I figure it can't hurt to send him one that way.  Hopefully the situation for QSLing will get better.

Zack W1VT
N4OGW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 01:03:58 PM »

I received a qsl from SMH in 2009, I sent direct with maybe $2?

Note that the inflation rate in Iran is very high, something like 25% recently.

Tor
N4OGW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: