Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EP3SMH Iran  (Read 8402 times)
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2013, 05:09:22 PM »

There was another thread on this subject.  I had thought of the same thing until Zack brought up this info. to the group.  See http://www.k4hb.com/postage.html

I wouldn't mind paying $9 for a QSL if I had worked EP for an ATNO.  I couldn't hear him this morning but of course it's too early for an opening on 10m here in CO Cry

Jonathan W6GX

It wouldn't bother me at all to pay his outgoing postal rate in exchange for a QSL card....

I still have never heard EP or AP..... dont know why, cause I have worked all around them.  Oh well, some day...... maybe.  Does either work CW?

73, Gene AF3Y

Gene:

AP2MB can be found on SSB most weekends, and he usually has a good signal. If memory serves me correct he can be found on 15m. Moshen (EP3SMH) is also on, but not as frequently and he is on 20/15/10 in all modes.

73 De Mike
VE3YF
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 08:32:06 AM »

The question was brought up, "How much are you willing to pay for a QSL card?" Personally, it depends on how much I want the card. But more importantly, it depends on if I believe the DX station really needs what is asked to return a card. There's still countries that can return a card for $1 and have some left over to put in their pockets. If sending rounded off dollar amounts, Paraguay requires $4, and those in Papua New Guinea need $5 to return a card airmail. Thought I had seen it all until Iran increased their rates. According to their official postage site and the current exchange rate, it takes $13 to send airmail to the states, and $10 to send surface mail. Their rates are determined by distance in groups 1-5, and the US is in group 5. Someone asked about Cuba and Venezuela. According to their chart, those countries are also in group 5. Iran's rates, a link to their official postage site, and a link that explains the 5 groups can be found here. There's a currency calculator at the bottom of the page.

http://www.k4hb.com/postage.html

73 es Gud DX,
Hal  K4HB

Hal,

Kudos on a very well thought out and researched reply and thanks for finding the answer to my question about Iranian postal rates to Cuba and Venezuela. 

I looked at the Iranian chart which is supposed to determine postal rates by distance and it didn't make much sense.  Croatia and Poland were in zone 2 while nearby Germany and Austria are in zone 4. For a country which has traditionally subsidized many products they don't seem to care whether their citizens can send letters abroad but I don't find that surprising.

I give you credit for sticking to your principles when it comes to QSLing. I really don't know where I'd draw the line if I needed a really important QSL. 

I really don't mind if a station with very little money makes a little profit from QSLing since it may make the difference whether they stay on the air or not, but I don't like to see hams in wealthy countries profiting from their QSL operation.

Welcome to the forum!

Chris/NU1O

I sent an email to Mohsen to confirm our contacts dating back to 2001. He promptly came back and confirmed our QSO's and also mentioned to read his QRZ page. I sent what he asked since I wanted to get confirmation in CW, SSB and RTTY. I even went the extra mile to send registered. Quite the expensive venture, $10 + IRC and then Postage of almost $2 + $14 to get it registered. At this rate I wont be getting too many more band/mode fills other than the 3 contacts that I have. Thought I should do this prior to me retiring and being on a fixed income. Hopefully soon I can report on the whole situation. Stay Tuned.

73 De Mike
VE3YF

I received a card in the mail this morning from Moshen (EP3SMJ), Iran now confirmed on 2 Bands and 3 Modes. Well worth the wait and expense. Tnx Moshen.

73 De Mike
VE3YF
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 10:06:33 AM »

Thanks for sharing that with me.  I hope he gets the envelope/card I sent him.  I sure got a financial surprise when I sent it registered.  I should get a thank you letter from the post office for that contribution.  I guess if you want to play, you got to pay.  Smiley

Randy
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 10:31:53 AM »

Thanks for sharing that with me.  I hope he gets the envelope/card I sent him.  I sure got a financial surprise when I sent it registered.  I should get a thank you letter from the post office for that contribution.  I guess if you want to play, you got to pay.  Smiley

Randy

I jus wish I could WORK him.... I would not worry at all about the $$ to get the card. 7 Years and no luck yet.  I hear him on SSB now and then, but usually too weak.
73, Gene AF3Y
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 12:04:31 PM »

Randy

Randy:

He will contact you via email when he receives your mail. To be on the safe side, just send him an email and he will give you the status. He even sent a jpg of the actual card prior to sending it out. Tnx.

73 De Mike
VE3YF
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 12:45:15 PM »

Mike, this was the second time for me.  I sent the first one and didn't register it at the post office and consequently it didn't make it to him.  I hope when the postal worker spends the money they at least say thanks!  I'll probably give him another month before I contact him.  Mohsen was really prompt on his response with a very nice email the first time I contacted him.  I haven't work many from Iran with no confirmation yet and would like a QSL card.

Randy
K7CO

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2013, 08:25:33 PM »

I too recently received my card from Mohsen. So the registered mail worked for this guy.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2013, 10:26:16 AM »

I worked EP3MJ last week and I was just wondering if anybody got a card from him in the past?
His QRZ info with his Italian DX manager looks like it should be no problem but if someone has some experience with this please let me know.  Thanks.

N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2013, 07:43:47 PM »

I worked EP3MJ last week and I was just wondering if anybody got a card from him in the past?
His QRZ info with his Italian DX manager looks like it should be no problem but if someone has some experience with this please let me know.  Thanks.

IK2DUW is also the manager for YI1RZ. Took about 2 weeks to get that one back in 2011. You shouldn't have any problem.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:46:05 PM by N5MOA » Logged
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 03:46:22 PM »

His QRZ info with his Italian DX manager looks like it should be no problem but if someone has some experience with this please let me know.  Thanks.

IK2DUW is also the manager for YI1RZ. Took about 2 weeks to get that one back in 2011. You shouldn't have any problem.

That's great news  Grin  Thanks for the reply.

73's
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 04:21:57 PM »

Anyone ever worked EP2FA and got a QSL? His address in QRZ is only "Tehran"
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 04:31:54 PM »

Anyone ever worked EP2FA and got a QSL? His address in QRZ is only "Tehran"

No and no, but his qrz info shows a p.o. box.

And an email address.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 04:48:34 PM »

Oh now it does. Last I checked a few weeks ago it didn't. I'll email him. Thanks.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: