Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S01MZ active  (Read 2922 times)
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 08:14:51 PM »

To further add to Chris's point, DXpeditions typically offer a $5 on-line QSL request (OQRS) for the mere convenience to the DX Community. All regular donors require that in addition to OQRS, they must accept direct and Bureau cards and must upload to LoTW within six months.

You will not receive financial support unless you agree to ALL of these terms. 
HS0ZIB

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2013, 01:15:13 AM »

Yes, I think Jonathan also states it correctly, which is why I am glad that there are others such as Paul and the Intrepid DX Group who are also trying to activate XZ. Good luck to them.

it is because the ham(s) specifically traveled to a country to put it on the air

Well, that's exactly why I originally travelled to Myanmar!  I'm not living here by some coincidence Smiley  I originally travelled every few weeks from my home in Thailand to south Myanmar and was able to briefly operate as XZ1K.  But a longer stay in the country requires an employment visa and paying job.  So I had to move up to Yangon and find a job whilst I continued my efforts to obtain a new licence (licence issue is the responsibility of each state in Myanmar).

Finally, I have NEVER requested or sought financial support for this project.  I fund these efforts myself.  But I would appreciate 'moral' support from national radio organisations which could help to persuade the issuer of the XZ licence (the minister of telecoms & IT), of the good support for my efforts.

Simon
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: