Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XT2TT start today  (Read 7745 times)
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 06:19:45 PM »

Can't believe them but I couldn't hear them at all until a few hours ago on 40m (7.165 mhz).  I dropped my callsign several times (maybe 8 times) and think I finally heard KH6 again again.  Then 3 foreign stooges started a conversation right on 7.165.  What a bunch of low life idiots.  Luckily they'll be there in Burkina Faso for a bunch more days that I can make at least 1 qso.

73, Delwyn KH6DC

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 07:36:02 PM »

They came uo out of the noise on 30m a while ago.
Took about 10 calls....and BINGO !

Have them on 20 ph & rtty
and 30m CW so far.

Needed RTTY & CW for mode fills.

They are downright LOUD on 30m CW right now.
I have the attenuator on and the RF gain reduced and they are still
pounding in here.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 06:48:46 AM »

Can't believe them but I couldn't hear them at all until a few hours ago on 40m (7.165 mhz).  I dropped my callsign several times (maybe 8 times) and think I finally heard KH6 again again.  Then 3 foreign stooges started a conversation right on 7.165.  What a bunch of low life idiots.  Luckily they'll be there in Burkina Faso for a bunch more days that I can make at least 1 qso.

73, Delwyn KH6DC

I was in the same pile as you and I heard several Spanish stations with signals 20 over come on right over 7.165.  Also there was a group of band cops that would repeat the call letters requested by the DX op.  The pile up was totally out of control.  I think the Q rate was something like two Qs per minute.  What a mess!  I'm surprised the DX op didn't go QRT.  If I were him I would have threatened to go QRT if the crowd doesn't behave themselves.

Jonathan W6GX
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 06:52:57 AM »

73, Delwyn KH6DC

I was in the same pile as you and I heard several Spanish stations with signals 20 over come on right over 7.165.  Also there was a group of band cops that would repeat the call letters requested by the DX op.  The pile up was totally out of control.  I think the Q rate was something like two Qs per minute.  What a mess!  I'm surprised the DX op didn't go QRT.  If I were him I would have threatened to go QRT if the crowd doesn't behave themselves.

Jonathan W6GX

Why do you guys punish yourselves, fighting these SSB pileups?  Try CW....... You'll LIKE it! Cool
73, Gene AF3Y
KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 07:19:29 AM »

(snip) I was in the same pile as you and I heard several Spanish stations with signals 20 over come on right over 7.165. (SNIP)

Jonathan W6GX

I hear VERY strong Spanish speaking stations here in Nevada all the time. Sometimes they are the only ones on the band. Maybe we need a new term... Guadalajara Gigawatt?  Grin

Eric
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »

(snip) I was in the same pile as you and I heard several Spanish stations with signals 20 over come on right over 7.165. (SNIP)

Jonathan W6GX

I hear VERY strong Spanish speaking stations here in Nevada all the time. Sometimes they are the only ones on the band. Maybe we need a new term... Guadalajara Gigawatt?  Grin

No kidding.  They sounded like they were broadcast stations on a ham band.

Jonathan W6GX
HS0ZJU

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 09:47:38 AM »

Will be difficult to work XT2 from VU2.
We are not in the way to anywhere crowded.

Its all NA,EU or JA for now.

Nandu
VU2NKS

This is the truth! Be lucky to even hear them.

73 marc hs0zju
VU2NKS

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 10:54:44 AM »

Worked them on 5 bands so far with 2 modes,was not ATNO as
XT2C had been worked.

We have to wait for the op.ask EU to qrx for far east,vk/zl.

Nandu
IK0OZD

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 10:58:35 AM »

Will be difficult to work XT2 from VU2.
We are not in the way to anywhere crowded.

Its all NA,EU or JA for now.

Nandu
VU2NKS

This is the truth! Be lucky to even hear them.

73 marc hs0zju

good evening guys,
Why not send an email to their pilot station IK7JWY (ARTURO).
I'm sure that will help you,
If you do not receive answer let me know that the call on the phone to help you,
Sorry really know that there are guys who are unable to work this station,
pass me the times good for work asia
this is e-mail for pilot station

ik7jwy@gmail.com

73 gl
sure you work XT2 before the end of operation ,
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 11:05:56 AM by IK0OZD » Logged
VA2FSQ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »

I haven't even heard a peep from them up here, and I've tried and tried.  Got Uganda and Burundi in no time, what are they using as an antenna...wet noodles?

VA2FSQ
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 03:01:02 PM »

I haven't even heard a peep from them up here, and I've tried and tried.  Got Uganda and Burundi in no time, what are they using as an antenna...wet noodles?

Tom:

I have to disagree with you. I think the Italian DXpedition Team are doing an outstanding job. They were strong on all bands here today, and loads of pileups working North America and we are only 271km apart. Perhaps you should be looking at your antenna systems instead of faulting XT2TT. Good luck in the pileup...

73 De Mike
Ve3YF
BA4TB

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 04:39:26 PM »

Conditions were so bad in Northern part of China at the moment,after the failure to working 9U4U,still not hearing XT2 on any band!

Dale BA4TB
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 05:11:40 PM »

Conditions were so bad in Northern part of China at the moment,after the failure to working 9U4U,still not hearing XT2 on any band!

Dale BA4TB

Hi Dale,

I don't know what antenna you're using but their signals to NA have been fantastic.  Not booming but about an S5 to S7 on my station.  You probably also have noise to deal with if you live in a city.  Don't give up.  Hopefully the propagation will improve to your part of the country.  And lastly welcome to the forum.

Jonathan W6GX
VA2FSQ

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 05:18:49 PM »

Tom:

I have to disagree with you. I think the Italian DXpedition Team are doing an outstanding job. They were strong on all bands here today, and loads of pileups working North America and we are only 271km apart. Perhaps you should be looking at your antenna systems instead of faulting XT2TT. Good luck in the pileup...

73 De Mike
Ve3YF

This is really weird. I'm sure they are doing a good job. Only 217 km?
Heck yesterday someone only 20km away from me spotted them while I was trying to hear them. 59 and not a peep on my end.
But Burundi and Uganda were a piece of cake. But I do have an issue with my antenna a av620.
Due to the winds in the last couple of months, the antenna slid down the mast and the counterpoises are now touching the mast
None the less, still got Uganda and Burundi.

VA2FSQ
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 06:17:37 PM »

They have been plenty strong here in New England and I've heard them work many VE2 and VE3 stations.  The problem is your antenna in your attic, not their signal!

Chris/NU1O

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: