Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TM-V71A group linking  (Read 1220 times)
N7KB

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2013, 02:32:52 PM »

Hi guys, just got a new V71A and am a little confused on linking groups.  The manual is just vague enough that I can't figure it out, and I did a search here with no results.

So let's say I have group 0 and 1 as ham frequencies, and groups 2 and 3 as scanner type listen only frequencies.  I have figured out how to link 0 and 1 via the menu 203 group link, so 01 together.  But how do I go back and link 2 and 3 together?  It seems that putting in 0123 is going to link all four banks together correct?  I want to group links 0,1 and 2,3 separate.   

Can someone give me a hand?

Ken
N7KB
N5VTU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 03:32:28 PM »

I think you might have a better chance of getting your answer if you ask your question here -

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TM-D710_TM-V71/

Stephen
N5VTU
N7KB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 04:14:33 PM »

Just joined that, thought I'd ask here while waiting for approval.
Thanks!
Ken
N7KB
W5LZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 09:29:18 AM »

Ken,
One way of doing it is by use of the "PM" feature.  Basically, it's like swapping radios from one to another.  It won't allow you do 'do' scanning in one 'PM' and talking in another 'PM' at the same time though.
I'd also add my recommendation for that 'user group', I think someone there has made all the 'mistakes' before so that you don't have to.
 - Paul

(Don't expect me to answer the 'how to' with that 'PM' thingy, I don't know.  Smiley)
N7KB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:18:34 AM »

Thanks Paul.  I'll check that out.  What I'm trying to do is have let's say VFO1 scanning the "scanner" frequencies I have loaded, while VFO2 is busy scanning just the amateur bank, without going into the scanner freqs.  If I can figure that out, I'm all set.  I wonder if I can set separate group links in each VFO.  That would do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: