The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE N4QQF  (Read 5442 times)
VE3XYD

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2013, 07:55:02 AM »

I tried to purchase ft-1000mp field, with mic.
Seller refused using PAYPAL, he asked for Postal Money Order only.
I asked for few pictures of the setup.
He claimed he is the first and only owner of the radio
He sent me image of the ft-1000mp, while browsing google images I found the same image used on another website by another ham.
Seller still sent me another image of the yeasu microphone, I noticed the shack desk didn't match from the first image!
He is using two different email addresses. N4QQF@gmail.com and N4QQF@yahoo.com.

Anywayz just be careful something fishy about this guy, thats all I have to say.

73s,
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 07:09:15 PM »

the guy with the radio should take a picture of it with his QSL card lying in front.  just saying...
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 09:39:10 AM »

the guy with the radio should take a picture of it with his QSL card lying in front.  

This would prove absolutely nothing. Using Photography software makes putting your ( or ANY) QSL card on any picture very trivial. I could go to any QSL printers website, grab a sample QSL card and put it on any hamradio picture and no one would be the wiser. Heck,I could even make a KD0REQ QSL card on my computer and put it in any picture.

Photographs can easily be manipulated. Never trust any photograph...

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 09:46:35 AM by K9IUQ » Logged
KA2CDT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »

the guy with the radio should take a picture of it with his QSL card lying in front.  just saying...

I agree. Of course nothing is fool proof. Just one more obstacle to make these scammers work a little harder.
AD4DZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 04:58:34 AM »

I asked a seller for a copy of his photo id and he sent me one, but it was a drivers license that he pulled off the state web page and added his name, or rather the name of the ham that he was posing as. He just used the picture that was on the Sample D/L.
He also typed in the stolen address. I should have asked for a copy of his FCC license but he probably would have faked it too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: