Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Beat Buyers  (Read 30942 times)
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2013, 06:12:31 PM »

"There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase often credited to P. T. Barnum (1810–1891), an American showman. Wiki

Good enough for me even if it is not totally correct.
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 07:06:40 PM »

Believe that KF5OFW callsign was a hacked callsign, which seems to be the rage these days.
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2013, 12:12:20 PM »

Also love the wheeler dealers on the swap boards that post stuff for sale.  I recently encountered one of this characters advertising something, I asked for a pic as the one he had on the posting was nearly impossible to see any real detail.  After I waited a day or two for the pics to show, I told him I would take the item, went and got a USPS money order from the USPS 15 miles away, get back and he informs me someone else just bought it.  His term was "someone else dropped the money"....

Likely, someone closer, someone offered a bit more, etc.  Word doesn't mean much these days.  His callsign is on my list to avoid in the future.  That list seems to be growing unfortunately. I stand behind my dealings, and if I commit to a sale, and I find out my price was a bit low, too bad for me.  My word is worth more then a few extra bucks...
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2013, 05:22:54 AM »

How about the seller who will agree on a price and make the deal with you.  You'll send the payment, and a few days later, you get your payment back with a note that someone else offered him more money--so he sold it to that person.  It's happened to me--and to others too, I'll bet.
KA2CDT

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2013, 12:07:41 PM »

It happened to me as well. I sent the seller a paypal payment for a old TS-120. After 2 weeks I had not received the radio so I emailed him. The next day he refunded my payment via paypal with a one word explanation,"I decided to keep it". This is after full payment was made!
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2013, 03:43:02 PM »

Seems I always hit on the wheeler dealers that look for that extra buck rather then their word...this last guy was out of Mount Olive, AL.  He posts stuff continually.  I really don't like dealing with these characters because one more dollar, is one more dollar.  I sold something not long ago and found out after I committed to the sale that was selling the item a bit cheaper then I should have.  I shipped it and took the "loss". My  bad.  That isn't something I pass along to a buyer....
anyway, character and honesty seem to be things of the past...just look at our current political administration....
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 08:21:04 AM »

...anyway, character and honesty seem to be things of the past...just look at our current political administration....

Oh boy, did you get THAT right!
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 09:48:13 AM »

This same loser (in my book) posted something on another swap forum, I sent a message inquiring, and never bothered to respond.  Then I realized it was the same scammer as before (my mistake).  Glad I didn' t happen to do business with this character...on my running spreadsheet of names/callsigns to avoid...
WB2EOD

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2013, 06:57:20 PM »

As a buyer,
I try not to mislead the seller.  If I am 'just curious", I say so.  If I am interested and we come to terms, I pay.

As a seller,
I too find pseudo-buyers annoying. This is one of the reasons I prefer PayPal (in spite of the fee).  It is IMMEDIATE, no waiting for snail mail money orders.  If you want what I am selling, then PayPal the money and I will ship.
Anything I hope to sell I pack up right after taking the photos.  That way, I can just slap the label on the package and get it out quickly.
When the goods are sold, I mark the ad as sold or take it down.
WB2EOD
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2013, 10:18:27 AM »

I do the same.  In a recent bad experience for me, I sold a less than 1 year old radio I had been using nearly daily, without any indication of issue.  The character hounded me to ship it ahead of the funds, which I did but I did get the funds 4 days later.  He indicated he received the item, worked great, etc.

Some time after that he decides to sell it, but then decides to keep it (red flag).  First telling me the radio "just isn't for him", then decides to keep it.  Hmm.
About a week more after that he tells me it "does'nt work right".  WHatever that means. Tells me his "friends" say he audio is low.  Settings issue.  He decides to send it to a repair shop and then tells meI need to pay for the repair.  What repair?  What shop?  I never sanctioned that.  If he did something to it, I would have it sent to a repair shop (if I am going to be involved) that I direct.

I usually will take an item back within 24-48 hours but after a week or two, no.  There is too many possibilities the Buyer damaged an item and now wants his money back to buy another, sending me the damaged unit back.  Sorry, I don't operate that way.

I did send the Buyer money towards 1 hours labor, and stated that is all I was going to do.  He agreed to that, but I suspect he will try to milk me again.

Sometimes, I really wish we had dealers around I could use as they are more set up for these types of characters then I am. 

Ebay from now on.
N7RST

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2013, 11:49:50 AM »

LMFAO  -  Someone hijacking KF5OFW, yet, once again, responding to a post I have on QRZ.  Obviously not the owner of the call. 
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: