Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WT RM- 11306: What's the latest?  (Read 423 times)
KA3DNR

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2009, 01:11:49 PM »

Hello CW Ops.

What happened to ARRL's push for allowing increased bandwith for digital and RTTY communications to be increased to 3kHz?

I hope the measure was withdrawn or shot down by the FCC.

I tried to leave a comment, but the FCC site says that this proposal "is not open for comment", even though there were 2000+ folks listed. I did everything correct, so I wonder if it was either ditched, the site is taking no more comment, or the FCC site is having isssues.

Any update you know about?

Thanks, Marc
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »

It was withdrawn by the ARRL some time ago.
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 07:01:42 AM »

Yes, it was withdrawn from consideration back in April 2007. Also withdrawn was the "Communications Think Tank" proposal, which was even worse.

IMHO, RM-11306 had some good ideas (sort modes by bandwidth rather than content, allow data modes in the 'phone bands) but the implementation was poor and exactly how it would work was unclear. Worse, the proposal was sent to FCC without building up lots of support in the amateur community. The result was a lot of negative comments.

CTT made similar mistakes with the same result.

73 de Jim, N2EY
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 07:02:07 AM »

Yes, it was withdrawn from consideration back in April 2007. Also withdrawn was the "Communications Think Tank" proposal, which was even worse.

IMHO, RM-11306 had some good ideas (sort modes by bandwidth rather than content, allow data modes in the 'phone bands) but the implementation was poor and exactly how it would work was unclear. Worse, the proposal was sent to FCC without building up lots of support in the amateur community. The result was a lot of negative comments.

CTT made similar mistakes with the same result.

73 de Jim, N2EY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: