Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW with ICOM 756 Pro III  (Read 344 times)
LW5DTZ

Ignore
« on: October 19, 2009, 09:19:31 PM »

Hi, thanks for reading the mail ...
I need to share information regarding the IC-756ProIII CW mode .-
I can not set your filters correctly, I'm listening in this mode electrical noise is normal ... ..?

Thank you very much
LW5DTZ
Hernan Rago
K7PEH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 09:23:46 AM »

Hernan,

Let me try to answer some of your questions and maybe some others can join in.

I too own an IC-756 Pro III and my favorite mode is CW.  From your questions, I assume that you have electrical noise (QRN) and need to shape your filters in order to reduce or eliminate that noise.

First, I am not an expert at shaping filters but I do use the standard filters on CW.  I listen using a wide 1.2 KHz filter just to pick up stations or to listen to the band.  But, when I actually make a contact, I often switch down to a narrow, 250 Hz filter, for the remainder of the QSO.  Even in noisy circumstances I have found this to be sufficient.  Using a 250 Hz filter allows you to move about in a narrow area to pick as noise-free a slot as possible without moving too far away from the other station's signal frequency.

Now, there are a lot of guys here who are very experienced at filtering and using some of the features of the Pro III but I have found that merely using default filter settings is good enough.

If you are having trouble with the various filtering features of the Pro III the documentation is always a good start.  If there is something there that is confusing then you might post the page or section number and ask about something specific.

phil, K7PEH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: