Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TX5K QRV  (Read 5617 times)
KE8G

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2013, 07:41:55 AM »

Boy we have a lot of 'deserving' hams on the forum.  Please add me to the list Grin

Jonathan W6GX

Hi Jonathan,
Deserving... yes  Cheesy Cheesy

Don't ya know, it's all about me!!!  Just kidding!

I respect their choice and have not attempted making a contact with them on those bands.  Personally though, I find it a little much that all I have heard is hour-after-hour of EU only on the CW bands I have been listening to; especially 10, 12, 15, & 17 meters.  It just might be the times I have had the rig on, but it does seem to be quite slanted.

They have been taking all callers on 30, 40 & 80 and I have been lucky enough to to get them there.

BUT, I think the U.S. ops are starting to get a little frustrated.  Case in point, 15 meters CW is turning into a zoo right now.  The QRM on his frequency was just plain disgusting!

73 de Jim - KE8G
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2013, 08:14:01 AM »

all I have heard is hour-after-hour of EU only on the CW bands I have been listening to; especially 10, 12, 15, & 17 meters.  It just might be the times I have had the rig on, but it does seem to be quite slanted.

It makes perfect sense to give EU priority on the high bands during their hours of daylight.

The path to EU happens to right over a lot of north america and yeah it can be a little frustrating, especially as TX5K is putting out absolutely killer loud signals on multiple bands at same time.

NA will get a shot each afternoon, before sun rises in JA and they turn their antennas that way.

I was amazed at how loud TX5K was on 160M last night in the hours after their sunset. From here on east coast... they were louder than I'd ever heard ANY west coast station, and way louder than HK0NA last year too. They were louder than many typical "loud" midwest legal-limit station. I'm guessing TX5K has got an antenna right on the beach facing east, astonishing!
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2013, 08:17:02 AM »

Bandfill nothin', this was ATNO #309 for me. And got XT2 QRP tonight too.a good night.

Paul

Great! I got back into radio circa 2007 and just beginning to chase DX in 2008 when I found TX5C on a couple of bands.

XT2TT has been amazing too, right now I have them on 7 bands. I would love to get them on RTTY or 160M before they close up. Thursday night circa 10PM our time, they were peaking way way above the local noise on 160M, so I think I've got a good chance.
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2013, 09:08:38 AM »

N3QE wrote:
I was amazed at how loud TX5K was on 160M last night in the hours after their sunset. From here on east coast... they were louder than I'd ever heard ANY west coast station, and way louder than HK0NA last year too. They were louder than many typical "loud" midwest legal-limit station. I'm guessing TX5K has got an antenna right on the beach facing east, astonishing!

If the DXA weren't working last night, I would have sworn the 160m signal was a pirate.  Yes indeed, they were strong!  Usually, I just give up on DX'ing 160m during the phone contests, so I was pleasantly surprised to be able to work them on CW last night amid some strong East Coast SSB stations.

Chuck  NI0C
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »

I respect their choice and have not attempted making a contact with them on those bands.  Personally though, I find it a little much that all I have heard is hour-after-hour of EU only on the CW bands I have been listening to; especially 10, 12, 15, & 17 meters.  It just might be the times I have had the rig on, but it does seem to be quite slanted.

I've noticed this myself. I'm sure they are probably trying to concentrate on EU because it most likely has the highest demand for Clipperton, but hopefully they will start turning the beam up our way a bit later. I have managed to snag them on 12, 17, and 80 when they were working the US, and there is still plenty of time to get them on the other bands.

John K7KB
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2013, 09:59:49 AM »

Believe it or not, they only turn to NA when the band goes to craps.  Sad to think that I'll have to rely on ESP contacts to work Clipperton Cheesy  I just worked them via ESP on 17m.

Jonathan W6GX
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »

Bah!! I was just noticed they were spotted on 20M CW and they worked 3 or 4 US stations and then started calling CQ EU and then kept calling even when there were no takers! Oh well.

John K7KB

Back to working NA, John.

On the other hand, if you need 'em on 15 cw, they have been on EU for over 5 hours now.  Tongue

The op did just say (15m) he would work NA in about a half hour. Still 20 over here.

Most of NA (not all, but most I think) are just after band fills. EU has a bigger demand, fill that first.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »

There's more demand from EU that I ever thought possible.  The Northern EU folks are complaining on the cluster that they can't get through the South West EU wall Shocked

Jonathan W6GX
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2013, 10:46:13 AM »

Believe it or not, they only turn to NA when the band goes to craps.  Sad to think that I'll have to rely on ESP contacts to work Clipperton Cheesy  I just worked them via ESP on 17m.

Jonathan W6GX

1840Z.... Thought I would try 17 CW again....... Guess WHAT Roll Eyes

UP UP EU EU EU EU

I know its early, but if I needed TX5K for anything besides bandfills, I would be heading close to irritated by now.  Lets remember this and see how much attention WE get when they activate Heard.

I cannot remember an expediton working EU damn near exclusively except one of the Lebanon expeditions... Dont remember the CS.

Gene AF3Y
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2013, 10:59:06 AM »

It makes perfect sense to give EU priority on the high bands during their hours of daylight.

It probably does but when are they working NA on 30 and 40. I was up until 4:30 AM and it was constant EU EU EU. I finally got fed up and pulled the switch.

I will say this: they are incredibly strong on 160 through 30. I never thought I would work them on 160 with my lousy inverted Vee but I did.  I also like DXA. A lot.

Chris/NU1O
KE8G

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2013, 11:25:04 AM »

Any idea who the "machine" is that is running CW on 15 meters now (19:20UTC)?  Whoever it is, they are fantastic!!

73 de Jim - KE8G
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2013, 11:52:54 AM »

Any idea who the "machine" is that is running CW on 15 meters now (19:20UTC)?  Whoever it is, they are fantastic!!

73 de Jim - KE8G

He IS blazing.... I just worked him.   

Went back to 12m to try and get a "matching pair" of 12m QSOs, hoping at least one will show up someday...... Guess what I heard there???  Yes sir...... "EU EU EU EU EU EU"

73, Gene AF3Y
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2013, 12:11:11 PM »

73 de Jim - KE8G

Great Op! No doubt about it. We do have some folks who belong into mental facilities though. I thought I heard him coming back to me but somebody tossed a strong carrier for about 2 minutes.  I don't blame any DX station for not staying with a call for that long.

Surprisingly, they are not very strong for 15 meters.  They were stronger on the low bands during the middle of the night.  I will work that band when condx are better or the pileup thins out.

I'm playing a little contest and looking for Clipperton. I will work Asia/Oceania on 15 and call it a day.

Good luck to all!

Chris/NU1O

VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2013, 12:35:02 PM »

Hi:

I think the guys are doing a first rate job. Excellent CW ops, polite SSB Ops. I hear no ranting and raving from any of the Ops. Croweds have been a little unruly at times but the Ops handled them in a very professional manner. I had a problem on 30 RTTY this morning and while it was too busy, the Opr stayed with me until we got the Callsign correct. Very professional job. Now if DXA would start working again I will be able to tell if I worked any slims etc. Other than that 2 x Slots left to fill (20m RTTY and 10m Phone)

One happy camper here...

73 De Mike
VE3YF
EI2GLB

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2013, 12:40:32 PM »

Some of you Guys must be rusty on CW I was listening to them on 17m CW running NA after NA around 16z

That is the prime time to work my part of EU.

I could not hear them on 10m they were ESP on 12m workable on 15m CW but between the lids and a 12khz split that was never going to work for me.

and 20m was impossible with contesters.

So I can see how you lot over there can be fustrated seeing them call EU all the time but remember there is some of us in EU that will only see them for a hr or so on some of the bands, while you will have them for alot longer on the higher bands.

By Wednesday i'd say the will have the bulk of the demand delt with and with 5 stations on air it should be easier for everyone.

Trevor
EI2GLB
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: