Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC cleaning up 14.313?  (Read 5719 times)
WX2S

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2013, 02:45:03 AM »

http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-issues-10-000-fine-to-missouri-man-for-unlicensed-operation-on-14-312-mhz

-WX2S.

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 06:54:40 AM »

Thats a bunch of BS !! The FCC will never be able to clean up that frequency. They never have and never will, they could care less what goes on there.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 07:50:25 AM »

That article was better than Saturday Night Live,do you really think the FCC is going to collect a $10,000.00 fine from this guy? At best maybe confiscate a few thousand dollars of radio gear to be sold off at government auction for .20 cents on the dollar not to mention keeping him and hundreds of other non ID and unlicensed station operators off the bands in the future.I also doubt that jail time is in the equation since the government is giving out [get out of jail cards free] to illegal immigrants and people who were caught behind the wheel witout a drivers license.I have to admit it makes for great press.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 10:10:40 AM »

Here, you can look up Missouri state lawsuits for free:

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do
KD8TUT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 11:34:47 AM »

Thats a bunch of BS !! The FCC will never be able to clean up that frequency. They never have and never will, they could care less what goes on there.

When I was a kid... must have been '74 or '75 the FCC came into Chicago and busted one guy on CB with a high power amp. The next week the Trading Times (local swap paper) had like 50 linear amps for sale cheap. They stayed listed a long time.

All it takes is one. Sometimes.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 02:43:52 AM »

They haven't collected from K1MAN yet, have they?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 04:10:10 AM »

One person nabbed and fined doesn't constitute a 'clean-up.'  Once more, the FCC doesn't have any authority in Canada, where some of those critters are located.  Any such clean-up would have to be a co-operative effort between the FCC and the Canadian authorities, and would have to target and take down ALL of the regulars involved in stirring that cesspool--something that isn't only unlikely to happen, but may be next to impossible to bring off.
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 08:21:01 AM »

FCC doesn't collect the fine.. .the government does. I wouldn't want to be on the end of that collection agency.

Pete
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 10:37:51 AM »

FCC fines and orders, like putting IRS forms in post offices and libraries, only work if you are planning on being a good citizen.  flashing a badge, with a US Marshal flashing his badge, and loading the equipment in the trunk of the government van is going to do a lot more.

assuming... (1) they can spare the inspectors to confiscate, (2) they can spare the back-room staff to process the complaints or the observations, (3) they give a rip.

when was the last time a radio raconteur got parked on the stainless steel bench/bed/table in the big house?  taking the equipment and jailing the wackos will make a difference.  FCC is not funded at the necessary level to do that until the bands are happy and healthy.

just hope the babies stay in the crib...
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 11:23:38 PM »

That article was better than Saturday Night Live,do you really think the FCC is going to collect a $10,000.00 fine from this guy? At best maybe confiscate a few thousand dollars of radio gear to be sold off at government auction for .20 cents on the dollar not to mention keeping him and hundreds of other non ID and unlicensed station operators off the bands in the future.I also doubt that jail time is in the equation since the government is giving out [get out of jail cards free] to illegal immigrants and people who were caught behind the wheel witout a drivers license.I have to admit it makes for great press.
  The FCC has been trying to clean up the jamming and profanity on many Los Angeles area repeaters for nearly 20 years!  They haven't made a dent.  Operators there even have the gall to stream those repeaters live over the internet on the  www.RadioReference.com  website!
N9OGL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 11:57:47 PM »

What's interesting is the FCC went after him for violating Part 15, claiming he was over the power level. What's funny is the fact the FCC used 15.209 as the rule he violated (30 micro-volts per meter @30 meters. It seems the FCC fails to look at the other sections of Part 15. For example Riley claimed the same thing when I was 13.556 MHz. He claimed the field strength was 30 micro-volts per meter @ 30 meters (47 CFR 15.209) but 15.225 states it 15,848 micro-volts per meter a 30 meters. Funny how the FCC don't know their own rules.
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 12:32:45 AM »

They changed the spurious emission levels for HF in Part 97 to -43dB 'to align with international requirements'.

International requirements are for emissions to be at -43 + 10 log P,  without needing to be more than 50dB down, where P is the PEP output. So they can't get that right, either.
AC4BB

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 07:21:52 AM »

I haven't heard anything from K1MAN, in longer than I can recall. He was at14.275, Good  riddance.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 06:17:49 AM »

I haven't heard anything from K1MAN, in longer than I can recall. He was at14.275, Good  riddance.

He's still fighting the government, acting as his own lawyer.  At last 'hear from', the adm. law judge laughed him out of court--but they STILL haven't collect cent one from him.
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 01:47:49 PM »

He's still fighting the government, acting as his own lawyer.  At last 'hear from', the adm. law judge laughed him out of court--but they STILL haven't collect cent one from him.

Maybe the FCC hasn't collected one cent, but I suspect his lawyer has.

In some of these cases the fine could be the cheap way out.

73 de Jim, N2EY
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: