Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any homeopaths in the house?  (Read 4197 times)
K7RNO

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:52:31 AM »

Strictly directed at trained homeopaths who know about RF impact on remedies.

Please, no jokes, no guessing, no unqualified comments—this is serious stuff.

My questions are: are homeopathic remedies at risk of rendered ineffective when subjected to VHF/UHF radiation from a 5W HT inside the house?
What are safe distances to keep the remedies away from such radiation's harm (handheld antenna)?

I am the ham, my wife is the concerned homeopath.

aRNO
NAQCC #6870, SKCC #11131
N3DF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 10:10:07 AM »

In my opinion, non-ionizing radiation has no effect upon the efficacy of homeopathic remedies. 

Neil N3DF
KU7PDX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 01:05:38 PM »

I completely agree with N3DF. I knew of a store specializing in homeopathic remedies that was less than 0.25 miles from a 1 KW AM broadcast station and had no concerns about the effectiveness of their products.

Chris - KU7PDX
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 08:33:28 PM »

In all seriousness, Homeopathy is balderdash, no healing power to it.  So, you don't have to worry about radios affecting their potions.

AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 04:13:18 AM »

Nothing about homeopathic "medicines" can possibly be affected by RF.  They also can't be affected by sunlight, magnetic fields, phases of the moon, or science, evidence-based medicine, and common sense.
AG6WT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 07:35:40 AM »

Homeopathic medicines are primarily organic chemicals and minerals derived from natural sources like plants. Your brain is composed of organic chemicals and minerals derived from the plants and meat you consume.

The RF from an HT is neither the frequency nor power level necessary to damage or alter the molecules in your head or the homeopathic medicines. If it were, you would see RF burns or abnormally high cancer rates among populations that regularly use HT's (e.g. hams, police, firefighters, railroad workers, etc.).

Honestly, the only damage an HT can cause is to burn a hole in your wallet  Wink
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:20:35 AM »

Honestly, the only damage an HT can cause is to burn a hole in your wallet

Or major damage to your hobby, peace and tranquility by someone who thinks your radio is creating a health problem for them.

This can be your wife or a neighbor who thinks your HT or antenna is the root cause of their ills.

Good luck~

K0JEG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 04:51:35 PM »

This is what he's up against (2nd hit on Google search for "homeopathy and radio frequency radiation"):

http://www.naturalhealingpro.com/radiation-x.html

From the advertisement:

Cell Towers
•     Cell Towers that are SENDING information are the harmful ones.
•     Cell Towers that are RECEIVING information are harmless.
•     If you have a cell tower near your residence or your office, find out if it is sending or receiving microwaves. 

$42.00 seems reasonable for peace of mind.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 05:40:02 PM »

Come on guys..... this thread is sliding into the area BJM doesn't want it to go. 

BJM:  It's doubtful if you're going to convince someone that RF is harmless if they're convinced that it is.  You're simply going to have to work around it.
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 03:40:58 AM »

Cell Towers
•     Cell Towers that are SENDING information are the harmful ones.
•     Cell Towers that are RECEIVING information are harmless.
•     If you have a cell tower near your residence or your office, find out if it is sending or receiving microwaves. 

$42.00 seems reasonable for peace of mind.

Gosh, all this time I thought cell towers did both.  I had no idea some were send-only and others were receive-only.  Maybe I better send them $84 so I can test for BOTH?    Wink     (The old-time snake-oil salesman is still here, only instead of a horse and wagon, he has a website.)  :-)

I know a man who was a "natural healing and alternative medicine practitioner"; he wrote a couple of books on "curing cancer the natural way," without doctors and hospitals.  Then he got lymphoma, and announced he would cure himself by going to Mexico to eat peaches, and injecting himself with some sort of chemical you can only get from Canada.   He died not long after that.  But his website is still offering the books for sale.  :-/
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 05:06:38 AM »

Strictly directed at trained homeopaths who know about RF impact on remedies.

Please, no jokes, no guessing, no unqualified comments—this is serious stuff.

My questions are: are homeopathic remedies at risk of rendered ineffective when subjected to VHF/UHF radiation from a 5W HT inside the house?
What are safe distances to keep the remedies away from such radiation's harm (handheld antenna)?

I am the ham, my wife is the concerned homeopath.

trained homeopaths == scam artists
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 06:37:43 AM »

Re: KE5JPP  Rely #10

I think the Chinese would take issue with your statement Wink
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 08:39:24 AM »

JKA:  Sure.... when you have poor medical facilities, what do you have left? 

Our pioneers had to live this way and their life expectancy was approximately 30 years!
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 09:22:25 AM »

http://www.badscience.net/2007/11/a-kind-of-magic/
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 10:40:42 AM »

In all seriousness, Homeopathy is balderdash, no healing power to it.  So, you don't have to worry about radios affecting their potions.

LOL.  marketers get rich on balderdash -- and pharmaceutical companies just package theirs with science. the pharmaceutical industry has its roots in natural remedies, for example aspirin was derived from willow bark.   While there is a lot of quackery out there, it must be remembered that we are mammals and our original medicines were vetted by millions of years of evolution -- scientific trial and error. 

Unfortunately some of our modern medicines are only vetted by what effect they have on a discrete medical problem and thus significant negative side-effects later come to light -- to the dismay of those patients who had consumed them.

disclaimer: i am not a homeopath  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: