Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TX5K seems to be EU only for 40M and 80M CW  (Read 7384 times)
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2013, 02:30:21 PM »

This DXpedition wasn't run by the Obama administration... Concequently no QSO redistribution to the little guy should have been expected.

It was not run by Rmoney's GOP either, so 100 watt little guy stations with wire antennas were welcome  Tongue
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2013, 02:38:43 PM »

This DXpedition wasn't run by the Obama administration... Concequently no QSO redistribution to the little guy should have been expected.

It was not run by Rmoney's GOP either, so 100 watt little guy stations with wire antennas were welcome  Tongue

Its also fortunate they didn't run the expedition like Romney runs a campaign, but we better get off politics.  Grin
K4JK

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2013, 03:22:18 PM »

I woke up early and managed to work them with 100 watts and wire loop on 40 CW on the second or third day of the dxpedition. I did this because I knew Europe would be in daylight during this time and there would be less competition.

I really try to follow the example of certain people I look up to here and not get into arguments or flame people, but the amount of cry-babying in this forum from supposedly grown men lately is really PATHETIC.

For a while I've wondered why so few of the well-known guys who travel all over the world putting places on the air frequent eham and other public forums, but it's starting to become obvious lately. If I saw the constant whining, complaining, veiled threats and b!tch!ng here I'd probably sell all of my gear and take up another hobby.

If you ask me about the future of DXing, I'd say the biggest threat isn't NO-Coders, "Appliance Operators," the USFWS, the Navy or NPS or anything like that. It's the big baby DXers who constantly whine about QSO rates, new technology not working to their ridiculous expectations, who the DX is QSX for, the antennas the organizers select, etc. etc. then withhold donations because they didn't work the DXpedition on all 16 band modes they wanted. Why spend thousands of dollars and risk serious injury putting uninhabited islands on the air when some big baby DXer is just going to walk up to you at Visalia a month later and give you a piece of his mind because you weren't QRV based on HIS important schedule? Seriously?

I'd rather spend all day on Chicken Band than put up with that crap. I'm glad there are people out there with thicker skin than me.

Thanks to all who worked to make Clipperton a SUCCESS!!!

ex W4HFK
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2013, 03:39:01 PM »

I woke up early and managed to work them with 100 watts and wire loop on 40 CW on the second or third day of the dxpedition. I did this because I knew Europe would be in daylight during this time and there would be less competition.

I really try to follow the example of certain people I look up to here and not get into arguments or flame people, but the amount of cry-babying in this forum from supposedly grown men lately is really PATHETIC.

For a while I've wondered why so few of the well-known guys who travel all over the world putting places on the air frequent eham and other public forums, but it's starting to become obvious lately. If I saw the constant whining, complaining, veiled threats and b!tch!ng here I'd probably sell all of my gear and take up another hobby.

If you ask me about the future of DXing, I'd say the biggest threat isn't NO-Coders, "Appliance Operators," the USFWS, the Navy or NPS or anything like that. It's the big baby DXers who constantly whine about QSO rates, new technology not working to their ridiculous expectations, who the DX is QSX for, the antennas the organizers select, etc. etc. then withhold donations because they didn't work the DXpedition on all 16 band modes they wanted. Why spend thousands of dollars and risk serious injury putting uninhabited islands on the air when some big baby DXer is just going to walk up to you at Visalia a month later and give you a piece of his mind because you weren't QRV based on HIS important schedule? Seriously?

I'd rather spend all day on Chicken Band than put up with that crap. I'm glad there are people out there with thicker skin than me.

Well said, especially since you DID NOT get a clean sweep.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2013, 06:30:10 PM »

If you notice the title of the thread you will see that it's NOT a statement about the Dxpedition as a whole, it's just stating a fact about what was happening on 40/80M CW.  Also if you take a look at the DXA complaint thread you will see that I was one of the people saying how great the system was and asking people to stop bashing it!
  Lets not make this thread into anything more than what the title says, or imply that anyone is bitching and moaning about the Dxpedition as a whole.  I personally have nothing but praises for the operation from start to finish, but it still does not change the facts that 40CW/80CW was a unnecessary nightmare for anyone outside the EU.
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2013, 06:51:05 PM »

If you notice the title of the thread you will see that it's NOT a statement about the Dxpedition as a whole, it's just stating a fact about what was happening on 40/80M CW.  Also if you take a look at the DXA complaint thread you will see that I was one of the people saying how great the system was and asking people to stop bashing it!
  Lets not make this thread into anything more than what the title says, or imply that anyone is bitching and moaning about the Dxpedition as a whole.  I personally have nothing but praises for the operation from start to finish, but it still does not change the facts that 40CW/80CW was a unnecessary nightmare for anyone outside the EU.

But it wasn't a nightmare if you worked them at the right time in the morning. It took me seconds and I'm running 5 watts. With the power you were running you could have got up, worked them, and been back in bed in less time than it takes to take a leak.  Grin

All of us have life restrictions and we have to live with those - its part of life. Its not bad operating on the Dxpeditions part because you couldn't get through at the time you wanted. I see those spots all the time - "Come to 20 meters RTTY now to work me"  for example. Really? Are these people serious?

In any case, this is the place to come to B***ch and moan.  Grin Since I do, I can't B***ch and moan about somebody else.  Grin
KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2013, 07:21:10 PM »

I would like to compliment the majority of NA hams out there that exercised amazing amounts of patience during the 80/40 bands operations, which were frustrating at best.  Three long nights were wasted in my station's pursuit while the low banders were cherry picking outside NA. That frustration will be shared pointedly with the TX5K ops I see in Visalia this coming April.  (For the record, the high band ops were outstanding FB).  We will not be sending a donation check to this DXpedition "organizer", he can go ask EU for it.

In the words of AF3Y...  Roll Eyes

Eric
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2013, 07:08:07 AM »

I would like to compliment the majority of NA hams out there that exercised amazing amounts of patience during the 80/40 bands operations, which were frustrating at best.  Three long nights were wasted in my station's pursuit while the low banders were cherry picking outside NA. That frustration will be shared pointedly with the TX5K ops I see in Visalia this coming April.  (For the record, the high band ops were outstanding FB).  We will not be sending a donation check to this DXpedition "organizer", he can go ask EU for it.

Grin
Gene AF3Y
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2013, 02:08:05 PM »

Grin
Gene AF3Y

Gene you do have a talent for saying whats on your mind  Grin Grin
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »

Grin
Gene AF3Y

Gene you do have a talent for saying whats on your mind  Grin Grin
Yeah, I bit my tongue SO many times when I was working, I dont have enough left to do it anymore Grin
73, Gene AF3Y
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2013, 04:00:03 PM »

Grin LOL   Grin
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2013, 12:17:03 PM »

There is no doubt that the TX5K team did a great job and I was happy getting them on almost all the bands except 30M and 160 (no antenna). I was also one of those who donated to the DX'pedition before their operation. Although I realize the team was trying to work EU because it was needed most in that area, there was a definite EU slant in this operation than what I've experienced before. For that reason, I'll probably hold off sending a donation for their Heard operation until AFTER the DX'pedition is over. If after that operation I feel they made a good effort in working NA, then I'll donate appropriately.

John K7KB
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: