Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Working split RTTY with Flex PSDR question  (Read 1731 times)
N8FNR

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2013, 08:44:49 AM »

If I am trying to work a split station on RTTY does the rig center VFO B where ever I clicktune?

For example when I click on 18.102 the 2nd VFO actually displays 18.100.494 and when I TX it looks like the strongest part of the signal is centered on 18.101.0.

How can I tell where my signal actually is centered? Am I over thinking this or what? Been trying to work TX5K and this has become an issue for me.

BTW I posted this in the Flex reflector yesterday but never received any replies.

Zack
N8FNR

K4AX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 06:57:18 AM »

There is a setting under GENERAL and the Options tab to set the digital click tune offset to whatever you like. So default on upperside band is 1500hz, so if you place your TX there in the passband then that should work out for you.

My best suggestion to you is that instead of trying to figure out the math, just drop your drive to 0, so you're not actually transmitting, and practice a bit and just pay attention to the panadapter and see where your signal is actually going out.  When I work split in digital or CW modes, I generally will also enable the second receiver, and mute it, so I have a visual on the screen of where my signal is going to go roughly. Then just scroll up or down with the second VFO to try and put my signal out in front of whatever direction the DX is working in the pileup.   If you really want to narrow this down and know exactly where the signal is going to go, narrow your TX filter to just fit around the RTTY signal you're putting out, then enable the show TX Filter option.  That way you will have an exact marker on the screen. 

Everyone has a way that works for them in powersdr, but you should be able to set it up for a way that works for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: