Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Under Counter Lighting RFI  (Read 27042 times)
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »

And the next HF hell is LED lightning.

All poor equipment that meets no EMC standards. The various FCC's around the world prosecute all the local producers and insist on EMC standards and conveniently turn a blind eye to all the imported chinese garbage with fake EMC markings. Thats how the political system is working today prosecute the locals and leave the importing crooks alone.

WB4MDX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2013, 06:50:01 AM »

I just had a severe increase in 160m noise for the past two months.  I finally had time to track it down to a neighbor's house and luckily they were very good friends.  My wife went with me and the neighbor lady let me look for the problem.  She had halogen under cabinet lights installed 6 years ago and kept the one over the stove turned on 24/7.  when i turned it off the noise went away. It was exceedingly hot and I suspect something had gone bad in it.  2 of the four under counter lights were doing this.  She is getting them replaced.  likely was a fire hazard!  She wa very appreciative of the alert.  I told her when I contacted her that I thought something may be overheating and may could be a fire hazard.  She was very eager to have me identify the problem.  This noise was new but the lights had been in use for six years.   

I had a similar problem 20 years ago with a house 1/8 mile away with a doorbell transformer heating up and arching.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: