Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DXpedition QSL Cards: Bigger $$$ contributions = Faster Card TAT?  (Read 1810 times)
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 09:33:17 AM »

I doubt a $10 contribution gets you a quicker QSL than a $5 contribution, but money talks loud and I think it's naive to think those who donate $100 or who are affiliated with a club that makes a generous donation are not at the top of the list.

These trips are expensive and I am of the opinion everybody needs to contribute whatever they can afford.  I don't see anything wrong with the people who financed a trip getting their QSL faster

{sound of loud applause and shouts of approval from Raleigh NC}
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 09:34:23 AM »

What I've noticed is that people who donate often get a quicker confirmation via LOTW. Separating out the cards and holding back those for the non-contributors seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth.

Dave, N6ORB

How do you know that?  And how does a $3 donation that much different than a $5 donation?

Jonathan W6GX
N6ORB

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 09:45:50 AM »

"How do you know that?  And how does a $3 donation that much different than a $5 donation?"

I've seen a fair number of comments here and elsewhere from guys who announce they got their LOTW confirmations and other people say "I've haven't seen mine yet." It turns out that the person who got the LOTW confirmation requested a card using OQRS and the ones who didn't sent their cards direct. Of course they eventually do get a confirmation via LOTW.

No, I haven't seen any indication that the donation amount makes any difference.

Dave, N6ORB
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 09:56:21 AM »

"How do you know that?  And how does a $3 donation that much different than a $5 donation?"

I've seen a fair number of comments here and elsewhere from guys who announce they got their LOTW confirmations and other people say "I've haven't seen mine yet." It turns out that the person who got the LOTW confirmation requested a card using OQRS and the ones who didn't sent their cards direct. Of course they eventually do get a confirmation via LOTW.

No, I haven't seen any indication that the donation amount makes any difference.

Dave, N6ORB

Ok.  Would it make sense to you that OQRS is much faster than snail mail?  If you were a QSL manager which method of QSL would you prefer to reply to?  I still refuse to believe a QSL manager has the time to sort out the QSLs for those who donated less than $100.  You only felt that way because you didn't get your QSL in a speedy manner.  It's not a good representation of the entire QSL population.

Jonathan W6GX
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 12:40:58 PM »

Given the level of money that is spent on these Dxpeditions I doubt that anything less than $1000 gets you noticed.  If you send $100 you may or may not be put on a QSL asap list.  Anything less than $100 is probably no different than $5.
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »

I doubt that anything less than $1000 gets you noticed.

As someone who has contributed to numerous expeditions in amounts of $5.00 to $50.00, I can say that's simply not the case.  Every contribution I have made has been gratefully acknowledged, in some cases by a written thank you note by the operator, along with my QSL card.  Oh,and yes, QSL service is generally expedited by a contribution.

Chuck  NI0C
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 01:19:49 PM »

Yeah, so???

People in airline first class get free wine, too.

The cost of that mostly crappy wine is paid for in the ticket price -- many times over!

Chris/NU1O
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 01:31:15 PM »

Wouldn't it be cool if someone made a software program that allowed daily uploads to LoTW for a contribution level?  Wonder if let's just say a $50 donation got all of your QSOs uploaded daily. I bet it would increase donations.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 03:58:57 PM »

Vince, I think for certain individuals(ONLY), a bigger $$ donation gets a quicker card.

On expeditions, and for your average "common" QSO, I think (as mentioned above) that QUICKER donations get faster return on their cards, but that is probably just logistics.

How's that for a sorta non-comittal reply? Cool

73, Gene AF3Y
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 04:16:46 PM »

LOL....Love it....a world of ideas and answers...good stuff Geno....as I expected though, the general consensus is that Yes, Bigger $$$$ = a fast track receipt of a card, at least that's what I glean....Is it right???....that's another issue for another day....but it sure does prove the old saying: Money Talks..... Grin Roll Eyes....

V
KA3NRX

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: