Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX Keeper export ==> Please help me get into contesting right !!  (Read 3403 times)
KF2UJ

Ignore
« on: February 23, 2013, 03:52:47 AM »

With Dxkeeper (V10.9.4) I can export/sign/upload to lotw just fine but my log export to upload to ARRL for last weekend's CW contest in Cabrillo format keeps bombing out.

Would appreciate someone who knows the in's/out's of dxkeeper to get on my machine remotely (I will set you up) and help me.

73's
-George
KF2uj
(gbird@gbird.com)
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 04:30:45 AM »

For the next contest, I suggest using N1MM contest software, and importing the files into DX Keeper via ADIF.
N1MM will even work with MMTTY, for operating RTTY contests.

http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php

Zack W1VT
KM3K

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 08:02:37 AM »

With Dxkeeper (V10.9.4) I can export/sign/upload to lotw just fine but my log export to upload to ARRL for last weekend's CW contest in Cabrillo format keeps bombing out.
Would appreciate someone who knows the in's/out's of dxkeeper to get on my machine remotely (I will set you up) and help me.
I'd suggest posting the problem to the DXLab group on Yahoo; I predict you'll get the fix quite promptly.
I'm interested in your situation because I'm in the process of getting DXKeeper started here (Commander works fine) and hope to have it in place for CQ-WPX-SSB next month.
Zack W1VT's suggestion of N1MM is well taken; after all, based on my reading, it seems to be the premier software for serious contesters.
But for me, who intend to do contests casually, N1MM would be another layer of complexity; hopefully DXKeeper will be sufficient for my contest needs.
73 Jerry KM3K
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 12:24:23 AM »

Please describe exactly what you mean by "keeps bombing out", George.

Did you configure DXKeeper for the contest as described here?

Did you log a few test QSOs before the contest, generate a Cabrillo file, and eyeball it to make sure you were correctly logging the exchanges?

I have sent you an invitation to join the DXLab Yahoo Group, as I (and others) monitor it more frequently than we do this forum.

Dave, AA6YQ
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 12:32:21 AM »

I'd suggest posting the problem to the DXLab group on Yahoo; I predict you'll get the fix quite promptly.
I'm interested in your situation because I'm in the process of getting DXKeeper started here (Commander works fine) and hope to have it in place for CQ-WPX-SSB next month.
Zack W1VT's suggestion of N1MM is well taken; after all, based on my reading, it seems to be the premier software for serious contesters.
But for me, who intend to do contests casually, N1MM would be another layer of complexity; hopefully DXKeeper will be sufficient for my contest needs.
73 Jerry KM3K

Using DXLab in a contest is fine for DXers looking for new ones in a target-rich environment, and for general operators seeking to make a lot of quick contacts. However, if you want real-time scoring or automation for SO2R operation, N1MM is the better choice. Many serious contesters use N1MM during the contest, and then export-import their QSOs into DXKeeper for automated uploading to LotW, eQSL, and ClubLog, and for automatic generation of outgoing QSLs requesting confirmations needed to advance DXing award progress.

Dave, AA6YQ
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 03:11:10 PM »

73 Jerry KM3K

Using DXLab in a contest is fine for DXers looking for new ones in a target-rich environment, and for general operators seeking to make a lot of quick contacts. However, if you want real-time scoring or automation for SO2R operation, N1MM is the better choice. Many serious contesters use N1MM during the contest, and then export-import their QSOs into DXKeeper for automated uploading to LotW, eQSL, and ClubLog, and for automatic generation of outgoing QSLs requesting confirmations needed to advance DXing award progress.

Dave, AA6YQ

As an added point, I also use N1MM for contesting and DX Lab Suite for everyday logging/ops. On the DXLab website, there are several software 'bridges' listed for download that allow cooperative operating between DXLab and other programs. I use the one for 'bridging' between N1MM to DXKeeper and while I operate N1MM during the contest, DXKeeper is updated in the background and once the contest is over, N1MM easily generates a Cabrillo file to submit for the contest and DX Keeper easily handles uploading to LOTW for QSLing. Since all the interaction was handled in real time during the contest, there is no need for me to create an ADIF file and do any transferring between the 2 programs. Easy as falling down and done in a snap.

Good Luck and once again, a big thanks to AA6YQ and N1MM for outstanding amateur radio software.

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
N8FNR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 10:48:28 AM »

Here is the Yahoo Group link. It is a great group and you will get an answer quicly.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dxlab/?yguid=212792113

Zack
N8FNR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: