Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disable line in monitoring?  (Read 1321 times)
N3DT

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2013, 09:24:56 AM »

OK, I got this program called 'Dream' which is a DRM decoder for the soundcard, also AM, SSB, CW with variable bandwidths, etc.  You can input an IF (like out of an R-390) once it's been mixed down to what your soundcard can take, like 12KHz.

Trouble is I hear the input as well as the output at the same time.  How do I turn off the input monitor so I only hear the output?  Seems I've been able to do this in the past but forgotten how.  Using an SB Audigy 4.

N3DT
G4IJE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 08:35:42 AM »

This is a bit generic but it may help: In Windows 7 right-click the speaker icon, click Recording Devices then double-click on the icon of the relevant device (or click it once and then click properties). On the Properties page is a tab called "Listen" which has a checkbox called "Listen to this device". Remove the check mark. If that doesn't work then there may be some other monitor or "loopback" option specific to your sound card.
N3DT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 03:51:39 PM »

I finally found the solution to my problem.  If I go into the Recording Control on my XP, under the Analog Mix is an 'advanced' button, and in there is a check box to 'Record without Monitoring'.  That did it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: