Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone else find it annoying...  (Read 3982 times)
KE7EYX

Ignore
« on: March 13, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »

Why is it some people half to ask the same exact question in 3 different forms.  Have noticed lately the same exact question asked in this form, elmers, an station building. Come on there is no need to be sounding like a broken record an posting it over and over in different forms just because you didn't get an answer right away. Post it in one form then drop it!
W9KEY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 02:51:22 PM »

not as annoying as i find threads like this  Undecided
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 09:19:10 PM »

not as annoying as i find threads like this  Undecided

Not as annoying as I find responses like the above.

What's really annoying? Ok...

Why would anyone want to pay $45 for a used radio that can be had for $40.59 brand new, shipped?
W9KEY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 11:47:04 PM »

what i am not getting is why post about the problem here in a new thread?  address it directly in the thread in which the problem occurred.  And if someone is paying more for a used radio than it can be purchased new, that is pretty sad.  Charging more for your used equipment than it can be bought new is sad too.  was this eBay???
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 04:14:36 AM »

And how would you work that, Bob?  Post in each forum where the original poster has made the duplicate post?  If so, the person doing that posting is just as bad as the first!

Yes, I too find it annoying, and I've posted this same question before--on the 'Site Talk' forum.  I've even gone as far as accusing wrongly (and have apologized, I hope) the staff of e-ham of removing my posts where the reply was still there--but on a different thread!

I still hope that a person would pick the best forum that matches his subject matter and post only once, but it isn't likely to happen.  All too many people are just too anally retentive to do so!

BTW, threads like this aren't as annoying as multiple posts in the different forums, and I'll bet there are many who would agree.

Added--The post I made in the Site Talk forum was under "Posting in several different thread categories."  Some of the replies were interesting.  BTW, that thread is a few pages into the forum.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:23:33 AM by K1CJS » Logged
W9KEY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 07:20:03 AM »

And how would you work that, Bob?  Post in each forum where the original poster has made the duplicate post?  If so, the person doing that posting is just as bad as the first!

Name here is Rob, thanks.  No, it would depend on the actual situation and no link was provided.  I would be inclined to first contact the poster directly via email or PM.  It could be a kid, it could be someone who had a stroke, or it could just be someone who was looking for  more opinions than s/he received in the first forum.  Maybe someone even suggested privately that they try posting the question in a different forum.  Again, no real context was given.  73
W9KEY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 08:05:38 AM »

not as annoying as i find threads like this  Undecided

Not as annoying as I find responses like the above.

What's really annoying? Ok...

Why would anyone want to pay $45 for a used radio that can be had for $40.59 brand new, shipped?

what's really annoying?  OK, I'll play...

in descending order -- 

* working in a forced labor camp
* being Hopi and hearing Arizonians complain about illegal immigrants
* trying to copy code when the dah's are not much longer than the dits
* op.s who seek repeat QSO's with DXpeditions during huge pileups
* Donald Trump's hair

G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »

What about the question that appears on three or four different boards with the same question?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 03:45:36 AM »

Apologies, Rob.  Looked up your profile and saw Robert, should have said that instead!  73!
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 03:01:59 PM »

I find people who find other people annoying, annoying..... Tongue

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
KB5ZSM

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 10:42:04 AM »

Not everyone has the time to sit and read every forum posted. I tend to concentrate on the 'Elmer's' forum so I wouldn't notice if a question is posted in two or three places. If someone wants to get a good variety of answers and get the most exposure for his (or hers) question, then why not post it in a few differant forums as long as the criteria of the question applies to that forum.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 11:22:20 AM »

People who think trivia such as this annoying apparently have to much time on their hands.Most folks who have seen or read the same topic /thread /post before would simply skip it and move on, similar as to how most people would skip over a fresh pile of dog doo after they had stepped in it the first time.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 01:00:45 PM »

People who think trivia such as this annoying apparently have to much time on their hands....

Not necessarily.  Sometimes it's nice to go back to see what discussion has been made concerning the issue, and if you see the thread in a forum other than the one you posted in, it's easy to think you're post was deleted for some reason. 

Also, that is how some people learn about things that are a little grey to them.  I've been wrong too, and that's how I've learned to look and see about certain topics.

On the other hand, you wouldn't be implying that there isn't any time for learning here, are you? Smiley
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 06:32:33 AM »

The forums on eHam aren't highly moderated, or even moderately moderated Wink
so we don't get too ruffled about it.

That said, it is considered (almost universally) bad Internet etiquette to post a question on more than one board  - even to different boards on different sites.  What happens is there is often a duplication of effort on the part of the responders.  There are few things more rude in a forum than to waste someone's time.  Even the OP needs to check multiple boards to see if there's an answer. 

Often, the OP is in a hurry and wants an answer ASAP, but ironically, the OP could often have gotten an answer instantly by Googling.

I look at it somewhat philosophically...though the Internet has been more-or-less mainstream for fifteen years or so, there will always be noobs.

73 Mike N2MG
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 09:25:48 PM »

How can Donald Trump's hair possibly be less annoying than a forced labor camp?
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: