Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drake RV-4  (Read 980 times)
KK4NGP

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:20:06 PM »

Good afternoon...I'm new...hopefully I won't skin too much of my ignorance.  I have a Drake TR-4C, an RV-4, an AC-4 power supply with an external speaker.  I would like to have all these units working together as one rig, however the power connector on the RV-4 is identical to the power connector on the TR-4C.  I suppose the simple answer to my quandary is to purchase another AC-4 for the RV-4.  However does anyone know if the AC-4 has sufficient power to operate both the TR-4C and the RV-4 at the same time?  And if so what might be the consequences if I parallel the power cable for the TR-4C and the RV-4 into the single AC-4? 

Ben
KK4NGP
AD4U

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:05:15 PM »

The AC4 PS will operate the TR4C transceiver and the RV4 remote VFO at the same time.  I cannot answer your second question.

Dick  AD4U
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 03:25:38 PM »

I had all that stuff.

You don't have to do "anything" to use the RV-4C with the TR-4C except plug its cable into the connector J2 on the bottom of the TR-4C chassis.  It just plugs right in.

Then the AC-4 does indeed power both units just fine.  The RV-4C draws almost no current.
KK4NGP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 11:46:28 AM »

Thanks for your timely replys.  Between being in the hospital and being sick I am just getting back to this.  Hopefully will have it all up and operating soon.

Ben
KK4NGP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: