Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware: W9DCS Hi Jacked Call  (Read 9390 times)
W9BKR

Ignore
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »

Had a response from "W9DCS" on QRZ and response was obvious it wasn't the real W9DCS.  Attempted to scam me to have me ship an item prior to receiving funds, and that he was "good for it".  Hi  Yeah, right.  Anyway, after I inquired about the payment for the item, never heard back as I wasn't shipping ahead of receiving payment. 

So, if this call contacts you, beware.  Likely not the real operator
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »

Posting an item for sale on QTH so be careful.  Just because an area code of a phone number appears okay, may not be.  Also, the pics of the item are two different pictures.  So, could be okay and then again.....tried to scamm me, but I was careful.  GL
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:11:34 PM »

Turns out after KA9FOX and I checked some emails he sent me, that he evidently may have been trying to rip me off.  He has the same "want" posted elsewhere, responded to mine that he had sent the funds, go ahead and send the item and when I waited for the funds, they never arrived.  Emails also ceased and no telling what the intentions were but bottom line, he did lie about sending the funds and requested I send the item ahead of receiving the funds.  You decide.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: