Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK Time For A New Thread....How many of you DX on 60 meters?  (Read 3201 times)
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 11:49:40 AM »

If it were a "real" band - that counted for DXCC then I would bother with it. The channelized thing "smells like" CB too much for me . . . good buddy . .
My sentiments exactly.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 04:51:46 PM »

W2IRT wrote:
Quote from: KY6R on Today at 09:59:35 AM
If it were a "real" band - that counted for DXCC then I would bother with it. The channelized thing "smells like" CB too much for me . . . good buddy . .
My sentiments exactly.

Same here.  The best thing for me about graduating from the Novice to General Class license in late 1959 was obtaining VFO privileges.

Chuck  NI0C
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 02:57:38 PM »

Never been on 60M. 5 channels??? Forgetaboutit!!

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
W9YE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 10:57:29 AM »

I remember getting an email from a ham before leaving to operate from American Samoa a few years back.  He implored me to be QRV on 60 meters during my stay and assured me a lot of DXers would be ready to answer my CQ.  I called and called when propagation programs predicted openings to the states as well as closer environs.  Hearing nothing at all, I returned to the pileups on the "regular" bands.  When operating from home chasing DX, my sentiments are aligned with the other posters: no dedicated antenna and even less interest.

73/DX

Gavin 
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 10:57:09 PM »

In 2011 we were able to get an endorsement on the YJ0VK licence to operate 60 m in Vanuatu.
In our evenings (NA sunrise) the storm static was dreadful, but we made about 2 dozen contacts. In our early mornings (for Europe) the storm static was still dreadful, with the addition of the OTHR. No EU contacts were made.
60 m is not an option in Australia, but there are some pushing for it. It could be a good intra-continental band for daytime communications. I have listened from time to time on the 60 m channels, but soon lost interest in the noise.
Slightly off-topic, but apparently there are a number of licenced Amateurs who use the (illegal out of band) 11 m band for DXing. Beats me why.
Luke VK3HJ
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 07:49:04 PM »

DX on 60 me...

Har har har. wheeze.. Oh my god, that's funny. Wait, wait.... let me try to compose myself...

snort! Ha ha ha ha hah ahhhhh. Oh lord. I can't breath.

He's working channel 3... Split!  listening up 3.

Oh.... my sides hurt!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:51:41 PM by N4CR » Logged

73 de N4CR, Phil

We are Coulomb of Borg. Resistance is futile. Voltage, on the other hand, has potential.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: