Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easter Island XR0YG  (Read 10356 times)
N1UK

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2013, 12:06:42 PM »

I have been looking forward to this one.

I hear them on 15m cw working EU right now...about 559 so far.

Mark N1UK
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:40:21 PM »

XR0YG were very good on 30M this AM before my sunrise, working VK, NA, SA, and JA all in the same timeframe. They QRX'ed shortly after I started trying, so I went down to 40M and worked V73TS easy :-)
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 12:43:46 PM »

XR0YG also strong into N.E. in morning 1000-1200 GMT on 30M, No luck busting the pile up with qrp yet. Smiley
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 01:28:21 PM »

Got them on 12m in 2 calls running 5 watts  Grin. Good for a Marathon counter but I need them on 80 and for some reason 20M  Huh
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:55:14 PM »

Last night's 17CW QSO already up on LoTW. Just a Marathon counter here, too. Just need them on 160 and that's it.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 02:36:52 PM »

I got 'em on 20m so far.  I need it for 12, 15, 17, and 40.  I will wait a few days until the pile ups thin out a bit.

Jonathan W6GX
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 03:23:08 PM »

Once again..... amazed at pileups for Easter Island.
The island is active almost every year (at least as long as I have been active):
CE0Y/LA5UF - 2011
CE0Y/DK2ZF - 2010
XR0Y - 2009
CE0Y/K0HML - 2008
CC0Y - 2007
Needless to say, I dont needem.
I have quit working dupe entities unless its on 80m, which I need for 8BDXCC, but I suppose I should start paying attention to chasing 8BWAZ.......

73, Gene AF3Y
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 04:14:55 PM »

The island is active almost every year (at least as long as I have been active):
CE0Y/LA5UF - 2011
CE0Y/DK2ZF - 2010
XR0Y - 2009
CE0Y/K0HML - 2008
CC0Y - 2007
I have quit working dupe entities unless its on 80m, which I need for 8BDXCC, but I suppose I should start paying attention to chasing 8BWAZ.......

73, Gene AF3Y

There's also CE0Y/NL8F in 2012.  Tim gave me an ATNO last year.

They are working multiple continents with huge pile ups.  I tried 15m for almost an hour and no joy.  I will wait until they start calling CQ.

If you have nothing else to do why not work them?  The marathoners start at zero on Jan. 1st every year.

Jonathan W6GX
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 04:29:18 PM »

CE0Y/LA5UF - 2011
CE0Y/DK2ZF - 2010
XR0Y - 2009
CE0Y/K0HML - 2008
CC0Y - 2007

73, Gene AF3Y

There's also CE0Y/NL8F in 2012.  Tim gave me an ATNO last year.

They are working multiple continents with huge pile ups.  I tried 15m for almost an hour and no joy.  I will wait until they start calling CQ.

If you have nothing else to do why not work them?  The marathoners start at zero on Jan. 1st every year.

Jonathan W6GX

CE0Y/NL8F gave me the ATNO last year too. I will work them until I have Easter I. on every band and all three modes.  After that, I will no longer care to contribute to the chaos.  But I don't care to have all modes on all bands

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
K9NW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »

It's really quite simple:  DXers like to work DXpeditions!  DXpeditions like to work DXers!

It would be pretty boring for the DXpedtioners if they only people that called them were 26 people/day that had never worked Easter Island before.   Smiley
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 04:58:19 PM »

Well, I guess we all do DX differently. When I started DXing in March of 2006, there were always NEW ONE for me, even at the bottom of the cycle. SFI of 80 was a GOOD day. Now that I am at 309/311, there are obviously not many ATNOS around for me. My interest has pretty much gone away as well, unless there is something new. Just not in the mood to work those "same old entities".  I cant be the only person that feels this way, but whatever.... Cheesy

I have not had the rig on here since March 15th, and I only worked FK8DD then.  I did not need New Caledonia, but its sorta an "exotic" location to me, and I will work some entities the second time around.  I have not worked DL, F, etc. etc. in probably over a year. Same with SA and the Carribean. Not that I dont like working EU, but just not exciting as working an ATNO.

I remember my very first JA QSO.  I  could not WAIT until I had the card in hand! Now my log is loaded with JAs.  I probably wont work one again. I did battle the pileups for Ogasawara and Minami Torishima however, and may try them again, as they are more of a challenge than a "plain" mainland JA.

Perhaps I am not really a hardcore DXer.. If I am not DXing for a reason (DXCC, WAZ, WAS, etc.) it does not really interest me. I have thought about the Challenge and/or the Marathon, but neither really grab my interest.

Every once in a while I decide I want to try to finish 80m DXCC, but I dont work on that every day, or even every week. I have to get in the mood, I guess. Huh

With the size of the pileups for relatively common stations, I can see that I am almost certainly in a minority. hi hi

73, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:16:16 PM by AF3Y » Logged
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 05:01:33 PM »

Well, I guess we all do DX differently.

I have not had the rig on here since March 15th, and I only worked FK8DD then.  I did not need New Caledonia, but its sorta an "exotic" location to me, and I will work some entities the second time around.  I have not worked DL, F, etc. etc. in probably over a year. Same with SA and the Carribean. Not that I dont like working EU, but just not exciting as working an ATNO.

I remember my very first JA QSO.  I  could not WAIT until I had the card in hand! Now my log is loaded with JAs.  I probably wont work one again. I did battle the pileups for Ogasawara and Minami Torishima however, and may try them again, as they are more of a challenge than a "plain" mainland JA.

Perhaps I am not really a hardcore DXer.. If I am not DXing for a reason (DXCC, WAZ, WAS, etc.) it does not really interest me. I have thought about the Challenge and/or the Marathon, but neither really grab my interest.

Every once in a while I decide I want to try to finish 80m DXCC, but I dont work on that every day, or even every week. I have to get in the mood, I guess. Huh

With the size of the pileups for relatively common stations, I am almost certainly in a minority. hi hi

73, Gene AF3Y

I like working DX and eventually I would love to have 9BDXCC but, the guys that will work a entity over and over again don't make sense to me. I don't really care that they do, I just don't see the point.  If the pileups are crazy why contribute to the chaos  Roll Eyes

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W9KDX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 05:31:25 PM »

..It would be pretty boring for the DXpedtioners if they only people that called them were 26 people/day that had never worked Easter Island before.   Smiley

Might be nicer for those of us who do need them here in the Midwest stuck with a backyard dipole!  But that will never happen.  Especially enjoyable are those who call and connect multiple times on the same band during the same DXpedition just to show how "professional" they are.

Sam
W9KDX
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 06:40:24 PM »

On 160m right now, 01:39.

1.819.3, up 1
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »

Got them today on 30 m. I think.  Smiley

WX2S.