Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rip off  (Read 12450 times)
KC3ABT

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2013, 05:48:00 PM »

amature radio supplies is a rip off tried to steal 700$ off of me .jeff demers is a scammer....

W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »

Bruce - we are going to need some detail of why and how this company/person tried to "rip you off" for anyone of us to be able to help you, if indeed you are looking for help.

I see you have not been a ham long, so welcome to the hobby. 

I will offer some advice that most of us learned the hard way. While there are small/new/out of the way ham radio equipment dealers, you would do well to stick to the major dealers who have been around a while and have an established clientele.  While no dealer has a %100 satisfaction rating, the big shops got big by dealing with folks honestly and fairly.  If you have a question about a specific dealer check the Company Reviews section of this forum. If you do not find anything, ask on the Elmer's Forum if any body has had dealings with them.  A really bad sign is when no one has. It is usually worth the extra $ you might spend to buy what you want from an established outfit than  taking the risk of dealing with some shop that is unknown.

Clint - W5CPT -
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 06:44:16 PM »

IF AT ALL POSSIBLE,  USE A CREDIT CARD WHEN BUYING HAM GEAR!

That way, if you haven't yet paid for the item(s) in question, you can dispute the charge with your card issuer and, if you got a good "story", possibly get that charge reversed.

N9LCD
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 05:13:37 AM »

amature radio supplies is a rip off tried to steal 700$ off of me .jeff demers is a scammer....

With the grammar mistakes and the amount of posts of this person, I give this story all the consideration it deserves--none.
KC3ABT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 09:45:25 AM »

I't has come to my attention that the credit card company may be at fault. Not letting jeff post the credit back to the card. We are woking on the situation. My xyl has had problems in the past with sears-citi bank.             
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: