Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shortened HF Yagis  (Read 724 times)
K2SIX

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2013, 08:57:29 AM »

I’m trying to decide on an HF yagi antenna for my limited space. I  have 13’ turning radius limitation and the only antenna I can find is the SteppIR DB11. It’s a little to pricey for me. I’m interested in operating 17M in addition to 20-15-10M. The Force 12 C3SS may fit but it only has 20-15-10M. I could add a shortened 17M yagi or dipole if I could find one.
Are there any other shortened yagis that I can consider?[/b]
PD2R

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »

Hi David, I can't believe you overlooked the Hexbeam. In this forum, on this page you could find this following thread: http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,87291.0.html

At this moment I'm absolutely positive that the Hexbeam is the best small antenna for you money. Don't take it from me, just look at the reviews on this website of hexbeam manufacturers such as K4KIO, MW0JZE, SP7IDX and others.

5 or sometimes even 6 bands in one antenna. Small, lightweight, strong and durable. You don't need a big heavy tower and dito rotor.
Oh, and its cheaper then the two antenna's you mentioned. What more could you want!

Hope this helps  Wink

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 09:58:39 AM by PD2R » Logged
K2DC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 12:44:24 PM »

I have had the C3-SS up for 15 years at two QTH's and I have Honor Roll on the antenna.  It can be used on 12M & 17M (DXCC here on both those bands), but you'll need a tuner.  And most likely an outboard manual tuner, especially if you're running any power.  I've never tried a hexbeam but many swear by it, especially for limited space.

Don, K2DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: