Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eHam forums vs. QRZ forums  (Read 16921 times)
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 10:51:03 AM »

Jerry D Hooten has a current callsign, just chooses not to use it here. No big deal.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 11:11:50 AM »

eHam is the only forum I check out,I don't care for the format and style of the others plus I like the some what equal balance of very usefull information and knowledge gained along with the dissention and often times entertainment value.
N2UGB

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 05:01:20 PM »

I'll take eHam any time. Too many guns and right-wing politics on the other one. I dropped out when the anti-Obama for president ads became quite scurrilous.

I do wish eHam had their call-sign system, though.
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 06:41:23 PM »

I agree there are far too many personal attacks,sometimes about personal issues on that site. I do read the forums over there,and there is lots of useful info,just like here. I like this site the best though.
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 08:16:09 PM »

I do wish eHam had their call-sign system, though.

You can look up call signs in the upper left hand corner of our pages - under call search.  The data
comes from QRZ.com.

George
K5TR
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 11:53:32 AM »

There's a "Report to moderator" link in EVERY post.  We have no full-time (hell, not even part-time) moderators.  If we get complaints about a post we take a look.  Sometimes we delete, and when it's recurring we ping the perpetrator.

What's really disconcerting about moderation on eHam is that it's completely silent. Whole threads and posts within threads just disappear without any trace or explanation. Makes you wonder if it was moderation or some glitch in the forum software.

On QRZ.com, the moderators at least tell you why a thread or post was deleted so you're not just wondering what happened.
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 04:48:24 PM »

What's really disconcerting about moderation on eHam is that it's completely silent. Whole threads and posts within threads just disappear without any trace or explanation.

On QRZ.com, the moderators at least tell you why a thread or post was deleted so you're not just wondering what happened.

I  get moderated (censored) ALL the time. I do not use profane words nor do I call names. However my views - while always truthful and backed up with facts- are controversial.This upsets many hams with opposing views. I get my posts - even whole threads deleted. Because of this eham heavy handed censorship I no longer pay $$$ to eham. They have ceased being fair in  their moderation and I refuse to pay $$$ to a site that does not allow lively and different opinion discussions.

At one time eham forums were the best and rarely censored except for profanity and character assassination. Sadly that has changed. eham Forums are not a place to find truthful info any longer.

Stan K9IUQ  
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2013, 09:15:35 AM »

I  get moderated (censored) ALL the time. I do not use profane words nor do I call names. However my views - while always truthful and backed up with facts- are controversial.This upsets many hams with opposing views. I get my posts - even whole threads deleted. Because of this eham heavy handed censorship ...

I don't think I've ever been redacted; certainly not that I've ever noticed.  Maybe you should talk to the moderators about what you're doing that they find objectionable?  If you know what's bothering the moderators, you could avoid doing it.   (Unless you just LIKE doing it, or you like being controversial, in which case it's a rather different issue.)
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 12:02:15 PM »

I don't think I've ever been redacted; certainly not that I've ever noticed.  Maybe you should talk to the moderators about what you're doing that they find objectionable?  If you know what's bothering the moderators, you could avoid doing it.   (Unless you just LIKE doing it, or you like being controversial, in which case it's a rather different issue.)

I march to a different drummer. I do not always go with the majority. I always tell the truth and everything I post can be backed up with facts.

I have gotten admin K5TR emails asking me take a break from posting because my posts are insults. Yet I get insulted almost every time I post from those that disagree with me.

Most of my posts are in the SDR forum and concern Flexradio. Flexradio is located in Austin,TX. K5TR also is located in Austin TX according to Qrz.com. A coincidence?... If eham and K5TR do like my opinions that is their right.  After all I am just a NON-paying guest. I will continue to post the truth. eham can ban me, they will not change my opinions or views.

Stan K9IUQ
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 02:42:55 PM »

I have gotten admin K5TR emails asking me take a break from posting because my posts are insults. Yet I get insulted almost every time I post from those that disagree with me.

And it is those threads and posts that have been removed - the ones where you and others are just fighting with one another.  It is possible to post and not have it devolve into a fight.

Most of my posts are in the SDR forum and concern Flexradio. Flexradio is located in Austin,TX. K5TR also is located in Austin TX according to Qrz.com. A coincidence?... If eham and K5TR do like my opinions that is their right.  After all I am just a NON-paying guest. I will continue to post the truth. eham can ban me, they will not change my opinions or views.

I am sorry if you feel that your views have been censored.  I think any review of your posts to the SDR forum or any other forum on eHam.net will show that your views are not being censored. You have hundreds of posts that explain just how much you disliked the Flex radio that you sold years ago. Those posts still exist and you still have posting privileges.

I do live in the Austin Texas area. 

I do not work for Flex-Radio.

I do know a few of the people that do work at Flex. Work them in contests and see them at ham radio events every now and then.
They have never asked me to delete posts nor ban any member.

George
K5TR
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: