Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dayton hamvention forums  (Read 16848 times)
KA8OCN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 08:32:28 PM »

The only problem I ever had in a forum at Dayton is 2 years ago the D-Star forum was HOT! I take 2 bottles of Rush's Tea, the top is large and easy to refill. I dont mind overpaying for a cold drink but I just do not want to wait in the lines sometimes.

What I do it part at the mall and just pay for the bus pass. If I (or someone in our group) buys something big or heavy I normally just take a ride back to the van with it. This gives me a chance to rest my legs and to pick up something cold out of the cooler in the back of the van. I think the bus pass is a good deal.

Don't worry about it much, you will figure it out, just have fun! I would suggest to leave the 2 meter ht in your hotel room, with everyone there having one its not dependable, just use a cell phone. We used to carry 220 rigs but its one more thing to keep track of when you are getting distracted by all kinds of stuff you will be seeing that you never even thought of. Bring a pen and some paper, never know when you need to take down a note or give someone your phone number.

Hopefully I will see you there!

Del
KA8OCN
KA2FHN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 10:36:58 PM »

Thanks for all the info,i'll be bringing a lunch,water,and a roll of t.p..just in case the hara mens rooms run out..looking forward to the balloon launch and meeting the ARRL staff.

The whole weekend will probably fly by and it will be over. won't bother with the after hours events this year, not my thing...

BILL
KD8IWZ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »

Just a thought, have been told that security (understandably, after the Boston incident) will be tighter. Haven't heard what you can/can't carry in with you or any other details. A good site to keep up with developments is hamvention.org. Hope to see all of you there.

73  Dale
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 11:00:22 AM »

YBring a small camera to take pictures of some of the stranger sights which folks back home would not otherwise believe; tales of lore from Hamvention!

LOL!  Yep, he's got that right.  Also, the parking lot at the now-defunct Salem Mall usually has some beauties parked there.  ARES/Skywarn/REACT urban tactical assault first responder machines.  LED light bars have been the latest craze for them.  You'll probably see an "Interceptor" or two as well.....owned and operated by that fringe who dig watching the traffic slow down when they get on the highway.  Don't think there any forums on how to do that, though.

W8AAZ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 05:14:20 AM »

If you want to bring an HT, the freqs are much less saturated than back in the days before cellphones and when FM was a hot deal. Still, you aren't gonna be successful if you say, want to keep in touch on 52 all day. Any normal simplex will eventually get QRMed.  Pick an odd freq. and have everyone on PL or digital squelch together. Otherwise everyone you know probably has a cellphone to use, right?   UHF has lots of bandwidth and you can put on a splinter freq? Friday is the quietest on the FM bands. And I think UHF works better getting inside the building in case you want to talk from the flea market to indoors. But the noise level is such that they will have to crank the audio in there. Take at least one or two bottles of water, etc. each day. I hope it don't rain, but an all day flea market sunburn is worse than a little wetness. Overcast warm no rain no wind seems best at Dayton.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 05:17:36 AM by W8AAZ » Logged
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 05:20:01 PM »

Hi,

Here is the Dayton Forums Schedule:  http://www.hamvention.org/forums.php

See you there.....

John   W5JON  -  V47JA
KC9QQM

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 10:26:43 AM »

Nice thread, see you all there, first time for me also. Probably go after my Extra while I am there!!

Jeff
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: