Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KJ4QGF KT4SSG  (Read 2443 times)
KC2NFF

Ignore
« on: March 25, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »

Purchased a YAESU FT-857D sent a US Postal Money Order but have not received item yet.  This DONALD SHORT will not answer calls or emails. If anybody knows this person please contact me. I will start an investigation.
NA6TE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 09:42:23 AM »

I have come to the conclusion that there are NO real hams left in Alabama. Don Short has ripped 3 people off (that are known) KF2NFF, VA3KNY and the last one is YO9GMI from Romania, all with in a 6 week period. I have been trying to get some/ANY response out of the Alabama community to help Dorin the YO9 and I have contacted Alabama Emergency Net Leader Carol Oswalt (Don is a member), the local newspaper from the Jemison area, Chilton County Sheriff, W4MD the ARRL Alabama section Manager to try and put some pressure on Don Short to do the right thing. (Don even had the audacity to solicit a $900 loan from Dorin saying it was life or death).
NOT ONE OF THE CONTACTS have shown any interest in the self policing of our hobby. There always seems to be a few bad apples in every basket but normally you can find a helping hand when you are miles away. What seems to be the problem with the Alabama boys?
I have also filed a fraud complaint with the USPS on behalh of YO9GMI.
If anyone happens to know any real hams in Alabama that may be interested in keeping our hobby on the straight and narrow, please contact me.

Nate...........NA6TE
NI4Z

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 02:37:44 PM »

I somewhat resent your generalization.  I live in AL and I have completed many successful deals on eHam and QTH swap boards.  Where were you last November when N6YYI from California was attempting to defraud me and some other hams across the U. S.?

The area in which a person lives has nothing to do with his/her credibility.  I think it has more to do with one's character. 

I have several posts to my credit on this site from hams with whom I have done business that back this up.  A ham doesn't have to reside in any particular State to be someone who will take your money. 

De NI4Z Condy in Alabama!
NA6TE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 11:38:16 PM »

Had you contacted me or asked for help on a forum of complaints, I would have been on N6YYI like stink on s?=*. He is less than an hour from me. Since QTH was shut down in August of 2012 and your problem was in November then it's hard to be a mind reader. Now you know what the problem is, I will forward you any info you may need in order to wash of the broad brush strokes.
Honestly Condy, don't you think that the people that were contacted were or should have been of the caliber to at least communicate one way or another on the situation?  Huh

Nate..NA6TE
NA6TE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 12:14:18 AM »

10 days and the paint has dried. I rest my case. LIP SERVICE ONLY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: