Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatever happened to MixW?  (Read 2273 times)
N0IU

Ignore
« on: April 01, 2013, 06:52:16 AM »

Just out of curiosity...

Many years ago, it seemed that MixW was one of the most popular multi-mode soundcard programs. It was developed by two Ukrainians and was popular not only in Europe but also here in the United States even though it was not free.

In thinking about all of the "brag files" I have seen, I can't even remember the last time I saw MixW. DM780 still appears to be the front runner, but Fldigi has really found its legs and is seen quite often.

I still see MultiPSK once in a great while especially from Europe since it is written by a French amateur. Despite its name, it really is a great multi-mode program, but the user interface is a little... umm.... "busy" for my taste.

So what happened to MixW? Anyone still using it?
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 08:09:50 AM »

MixW is still around and available. I still use it. MixW costs money to register ($70 for MixW3 I think) while DM780 is free - the likely reason that MixW has dropped out of the mainstream. Hams will hand over $10,000 for a new radio but think software should be free  Wink
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »

MixW is still around and available. I still use it. MixW costs money to register ($70 for MixW3 I think) while DM780 is free - the likely reason that MixW has dropped out of the mainstream. Hams will hand over $10,000 for a new radio but think software should be free  Wink

The new version of HRD is no longer free. Older versions are though.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 12:12:47 PM »

MixW has not really been updated for some time too. Lot of alternative options today for software too and some are much better too.

--------------------------------------
Entered using a  WiFi Win 8.1 RT tablet or a Android tablet using 4G/LTE or WiFi.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 01:49:10 PM »

I am a LONG term MixW user but, I am beginning to use FLDIGI more to access newer digital modes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: